This Disappears When Logged In

Long Hard Choices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarvenChef, Nov 21, 2015.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Seems as I progress through my (unknown and known) illness I find I cannot keep up with my captive reptiles plans. Seems I may need a service dog soon and that will demand far more attention than I can divide up. So next spring I'm be dismantling my entire set up and moving on. As I have been watching the time allocation to my reptiles care and cost/maintenance, it seems my wife has been doing more of it than I can handle and to me that is not acceptable to put the burden on her.

This last stay in the ER and being admitted into the hospital for a few days proved to me that I just can't handle the "Captives" load any longer. Lost another hatchling because I was unable to attend it's needs, to me that is unacceptable.

I will however continue my field herping and will continue to hunt reptiles with my camera (I haven't gone insane yet).

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I just want to wish you all the best..

DwarvenChef likes this.
  3. grackle

grackle Member

I am sorry to hear of your hard times. The while before a definite diagnosis is miserably stressful. Do get yourself feeling better.

DwarvenChef likes this.
  4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear that man! Make sure you keep active on the forums. People will always need advice.

DwarvenChef likes this.
  5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I have no intention of abandoning the forum :) I love being here and helping where I can. :)

On the Website "Fine Art America" where I list images I have taken, I started a group "Lizards of North America" so that anyone trying to sell images of these lizards can have a central point for buyers to view them. I make nothing from this group, only if someone buys my images there :p

I'm doing this to also keep current with wild populations and to plot possible photo shoots away from home to get my own awesome images :) :)

mshrmheadcharge, Rich and grackle like this.
  6. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

I wish you the best of luck with everything! I'm glad you have no intentions of abandoning the forum, you always seem to provide great advice and feedback on everybody's posts. Best of luck!

DwarvenChef likes this.
  7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Very sorry your having problems, and that cannot be an easy decision to make. Glad you'll still be here though, a!ways like seeing your pics when you post them.

DwarvenChef and Kristof like this.