This Disappears When Logged In

LLLReptile - Do Not Buy Animals Through Them!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmmaGrauman, Jan 2, 2015.

1. EmmaGrauman

EmmaGrauman Member

I recently purchased a ball python from LLLReptile. I bought a black pastel because I was interested in the breeding possibilities of it. They have a one week window of time after you purchase the snake to call in and have it shipped, which I took advantage of to allow my supplies to arrive before hand. once they were here, within the one week of allotted time, we called to have a ship date set up. Once they took the order name, we were informed that they were out of black pastels. Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is the reptile business and that it is first come first served but we had already paid for this animal. But, this is my first snake we're talking about. I guess it doesn't matter too much what morph it is. So we agree on a mojave and to pay the difference. And I was excited. Not exactly the snake I wanted, but still a beautiful morph. I was leery because the guy said that they already had one packaged and ready to be shipped (just how long this snake was in a box I have no idea) but I put it out of my mind. And then the snake arrived. He was very, VERY thin, and his skin was very loose. He's improved vastly since he arrived since we've gotten him to finally eat twice now (live both times unfortunately). Bottom line, do NOT order from LLL. Sorry for the long post, and for the poor quality photo. It's the only one I managed to snap that didn't turn out blurry.

CAM01940.jpg

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Holy crap - they won't ever be getting my money!

Glad the little guy is improving for you!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Did you contact them and let them know about the situation?

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  4. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Interesting, I've bought from them twice with no issues (a pair of kingsnakes and a retic) but that was quite a few years ago.

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

My experience with ordering online is that you never know what you're going to get so it's safer to just get an animal in person.

That's not to say that this is always the case. I've found LLL to have pretty good reviews so I'm surprised at the condition of the animal. I've ordered animals from some of the worst sites review-wise and lucked out, and I have ordered from well recommended sites and got DOA's. It's all in the individual case. Like Merlin said, have you contacted them? LLL seems to have good customer service from my research..

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I'm not impressed with LLL I have talked to them and they seemed annoyed with my questions. I don't give them a chance to fix it. Plenty of others out there willing to put some effort in service.

7. AngelicaSpeaks

AngelicaSpeaks New Member

I've noticed also that a lot of their animals are "damaged." leopard geckos with regenerated tails, beardies with missing toes, Jackson's with no horns, ball pythons covered in scars. I have good luck with supplies(good condition, awesome sales) but I don't think I'd ever get a live animal there. I understand accidents happen, but they're just being careless.

8. crunchsupreme

crunchsupreme Member

Ive never ordered anything other than crickets oline, and i didnt like that either. I enjoy seeing the animal before i buy, although im sure someday ill give it a try

9. Kenneth Griffith

Kenneth Griffith New Member

I have not known of any problems but my information is from dry goods and prepareed foods---no experience with live animals-----I agree it is better to see a live one than by one on line---even if you get one it will likely be the lest desireable one they are selling.

10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Hard to tell condition from that photo but it looks like a pretty sharp looking spine pointed out.
    I'm curious as well as to their response. They are a large enough company I figured they would be serious about customer service.
    Although I've found customer service really hard to come by in any company really.
    It's not like it used to be where the customer is always right.

11. EmmaGrauman

EmmaGrauman Member

I emailed them after he wouldn't eat the first time, and got the "oh that sucks" in PC terms email. This is how he's looking today (he just shed). This is after only two meals. (three now, but the pic was taken before he ate tonight.) If he continues to improve at this rate I don't feel it's necessary to chase after them, but I seriously don't encourage anybody to purchase from them, live animals or otherwise. Somebody mentioned them seeming annoyed when asked questions and I received the same treatment. Both in email and on the phone. I refuse to give them any more business.

Attached Files:

12. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Yea they should have shown more concern over an animal received in such poor condition.
    Still looks kind of thin comparing the head size to the body girth.

13. EmmaGrauman

EmmaGrauman Member

He is. But he's much better than he was.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

At least he is improving for you.

How does that phrase go?

A happy customer tells a hundred of their friends, an angry one tells a thousand.

15. Leanea

Leanea Well-Known Member

Dang... I just bought fifty dollars in supplies from them...