This Disappears When Logged In

Live Prey Ban---Debate

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Drache Dame, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

oh and were these people actual peta workers? what makes you think they were working for peta to help them? for all you know these people could of gotten in peta easily, just as easily when peta send investigators at puppy mills and slaugtherhouses.

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Well then that could have been easily rectified. It would have been as simple as the chair person of that organization to step up and say that those particular people had nothing to do with their organization. I didn't read the website you were talking about, I read a newspaper article.

I know that if it was someone claiming to be a part of my rescue, I would be all over the press definitely trying to let people know that I had nothing to do with it, and it was against everything I believed morally. I would be all for them being prosecuted to the fullest extreme of the law.

I will however go and research that a little more as it peaks my interest to find out.

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Do you have any links that clears Pita of the charges? I would be interested in reading them.

4. savannahmon181

savannahmon181 Elite Member

My sav will not eat f/t and I have got numbers of snakes go from live to f/t and he just will not no matter what I do he don't even seem the bit interested! I have a lot of experiense with reptiles and I am not lazy about them at all

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Sometimes it just happens! Like I said I have three ball pythons in here that will not switch to f/t to save their life or mine. I just deal with it and feed them. Everything has the right to eat. I do not like it, but I respect the fact that they need to eat.

I have posted many times that I totally disagree with those who do it for show. I find them to be a waste of good air.

There is a difference between feeding an animal because it needs to eat, and a difference between doing it for show.

6. labelleninirose

7. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Unless I am reading that graph wrong, what happened to all those animals and why were they euthanised. I think I am not understanding it clearly. Please do explain it to me.

On another note in the first link you gave me, you gave me another forum, I did read the link though, even though anything can be said on a forum, wether it is true or not.

I was more interested in a public court finding that states they were not guilty of those crimes. I will look more.

However in the forum this statement struck me as odd, maybe you could clear it up for me.

"While some of the animals we take in are lost companion animals or adoptable strays, many of the animals we receive are broken beings, for whom euthanasia is, without a doubt, the most humane option" .

What does that mean? Does that mean that they are euthanising the lost companion animals and adoptable strays?

I read somewhere that they do not do adoptions, that they transfer out to other facilities that are busy with people. So what is happening to the ones they take in that are classified as companion animals and adoptable?

According to the graph, the majority of them are euthanised.

Maybe I am not reading their graph clearly?

8. labelleninirose

seriously, I'm done. they get some euthanized because shelters are full everywhere and people keep getting animals and don't get they spayded or neutered. you yourself get some put down a lot even you told in a previous post. what do you think shelters do when they are full? they euthanize them. people take peta as a shelter and dump animals there, they do what they can to find home for them since they are not a shelter. but in the end it comes to euthanizing, and yes they do get lost souls(meaning totally broken animals) sick and injured as well. anyways I've said what I've had to say.

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I was just asking for a clarification of what they meant? But their version of some makes mine look like I euthanise none.

I was simply asking if you could clarify if I was reading it wrong or misunderstanding something. Apparently I was not.

You are right, I have euthanised over 126 cats in the last 12 months, however I am not on here defending that. I get that animals sometimes need to be euthanised, obviously.

I can tell you that I have NEVER EVER euthanised anything that was a " lost companion animal" Or something that is adoptable. It is that simple, I do not euthanise anything that has no medical or psychological need for it. In psychological needs , what I am referring to is feral cats. As you would know feral cats are not adoptable, unless you find a farmer who wants mousers in the barn. I do place those when I am lucky enough to find homes for them. The only reason I am euthanising in this new trailer park is simple. I am not going to alter feral cats to re release them back into a community of cats that are suffering horribly from FIP, and Leukemia. There is no point in that, they will just catch the virus and suffer for days before I find them.

But SERIOUSLY ( in your own words), Can you clarify if I was reading that graph wrong? Can you point me in the direction that shows that they were cleared of all charges in the article Nate posted. I am just looking for facts, not people's opinions.

However if there is no disease like that running rampid I alter and re release.

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Back in the 80's, PETA's mission was much different than today. It was against harsh animal testing. Like cracking a monkey's skull to study head injuries.
    Today, they are against eating meat, even fish. One day someone is going to say that plants feel pain too and I suppose we'll be left to eat gravel for breakfast.

Hitler was a vegetarian!

To the original question, F\T is for the benefit of the eater, not the eaten!

11. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Does gravel constitue as roughage?

Shoot I eat nothing but meat, as you already know OG. I am on a no sugar low carb diet to stay away from having to give myself insulin shots.

So do you think gravel is low carb and has no sugar?:p

12. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Maybe too much roughage! You might try beans, but they would probably give you gas. But, what the heck, You're full of hot air anyway!:p

13. nrfitchett4

nrfitchett4 Guest

No offense, but if they were on my property and damaging my property, they might of gotten shot. At least held at gunpoint until the cops got there (and if they ran, then I would of shot them).
    I think you showed amazing restraint!!!

they also run the worst animal shelter in the country. I would definitely never adopt any animal they had. Treating animals humanely is one thing. Making ice cream out of breast milk???:
    PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

wow, less than 1% get adopted out. That is really sad:
    PETA Kills Animals | PetaKillsAnimals.com

no offense, but if the state of virginia has a 65% adopt out rate and peta (shelter located in virginia) has less than 1%, what does that say about them? Why aren't they a no kill shelter???

14. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

A few years ago, Peta urged a town named "Slaughterville" to rename itself to "Veggieville"!
    They never even thought that the towns name was named after someone who had the last name of Slaughter.

Town Won't Change Name to Veggieville - Oddities - redOrbit

It's interesting that PETA's campaign coordinator was a member of the U.S. Marines. I guess it's fine to kill humans as long as no animals get hurt in the process!

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have records of my snakes eating habits... with three month gaps in my Male BP's feeding charts, where he ate NOTHING because I was trying to convert him. After about 3 months, I cave in every time. Everyone else eats frozen fine. Of course, you would be accused of fabricating the evidence. No matter what "evidence" you collect, they will find some way to claim it is not true at all.

If they have made up their mind, then not much can sway them now. No amount of proof is going to 'prove' anything.

16. nrfitchett4

nrfitchett4 Guest

I hate extremists on both sides of the fence!!!

17. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Thanks for posting that link Nrfitchett4. That was what I was looking for in the beginning. I see that they were aquitted and charged with smaller crimes. None the less, PITA DID NOT disown them or state that they were not working for them when the committed these acts.

On another note, if I was caught with those kinds of drugs in a tacklebox in my van, I would be arrested for possesion of drugs and that kind of stuff. Also some of those drugs they are talking about are prescription only, the only one who can legallyhand them out is a vet, and last time I checked you have to be a vet to euthanise something.

I will check again though.

Thanks again for posting those links so I could get the facts!

18. nicole

nicole Elite Member

That's all I have to, is the records of their eating and what they would eat and what they would not eat. They will always say that it was made up or something. I also have all their medical files attached to their records, but really that is pointless.

19. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

If it were me they would make a "Saw VI" movie out of what I might have done to them! LOL

20. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Are you kidding? lol That guy was bleeding pretty good!

They were not on my property, they were in the backyard of the house behind me hanging on my fence throwing rocks at him. I was really very angry to say the least.

Also, I do have a concealed weapons permit, but for those who own one you will know that, that is not the situation to use it. It is for mere protection when it is a matter of life and death. There would have been no way I could have talked my way out of that one if I had pulled a gun on them.

However, you should have seen the looks on their face when we were all put up against the cop cars to be searched, it was really funny because the first thing you have to do is let the officers know you have a weapon and a permit for it. They are pretty quick with locating the weapon and the permit, lol.

However when they removed the weapon from me I swear I was about to watch a bunch of grown men pee themselves. lol.

The thought of using it on them is nice but really not practical. The rock worked great though. I am still impressed that I did not go to jail over that. I was given a stern talking too, lmao!

And if I had to do it again I would have done it different. I would have just called the cops and went out in the backyard and grabbed Oscar and said some pretty choice words, the n let the cops do their job.

I can say that I never had trouble again with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.