This Disappears When Logged In

Live Prey Ban---Debate

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Drache Dame, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There are people who, if they had their way, would prohibit the eating of meat,...PERIOD.
    By anybody or anything!
    There are always going to be extremists who think that they have the right to dictate their view to everybody else.

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I wont say who those people are either!

With that said I'm off to go club some baby seals!

3. Merlin

One of my favorite bumper stickers:

Do you know why animal rights extremists throw red paint on old ladies wearing fur coats?

Its much safer than trying to harrass a bunch of leather clad bikers!

4. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

I'll make this short. I don't think its really nice to diss animal activist, they have done a lot of things that have changed the ways animals are treated everywere! take me for example, I'm a vegetarian and an animal activist, I'm doing an animal production course to help the way animals are treated on farms when I'm done. already on the farm I'm working on I have found ways for the animals to live and better and not being to costly for the farmer. Yes I am against banning live feeding because I have never herd of a herp that will look for corpse to eat. anyways I would appreaciate it if you would not put this on the animal activist fault....it's the people who put up these videos of live feedings that get people mad...I'm not saying the people complaining are not animal activist, but there are some in there for sure. anyways please stop making the activist sound like terrible people, we do a lot for animals...

5. Merlin

I agree, to a point. The animal rights groups had a basically good fundamental idea to start with.
    Unfortunately, as with many groups, the extremists take over and it goes downhill. When people start setting fires, and planting bombs to destroy others property, as well as physically assaulting people because they willl not bow to their beliefs they lose credibilty.
    If someone choses to be a vegan that is their right.
    But if someone beleives that they have the right, based on THEIR beliefs, to tell me what I can and cannot eat,...
    They are NOT going to like me very much.

6. Merlin

And just as a point I do not lump ALL animal rights activists under the same umbrella!
    There are some good concientious ones.
    And then there are those who ,...well never mind.

7. MoogleBass

I have to agree with Merlin on this.

8. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I agree with Merlin on this one!

There are people who are all for animal rights, then their are the nutjobs out their who do nothing but get their attention by hurting other people.

The later is pointless in my opinion! Really, if you are one of those crazy ones, what do you really accomplish for the animals? Nothing! You are too busy doing things that are hurtful to others and not getting your point across anyway.

Some consider me an animal rights activist. I am to a point. I show up at many city council meetings when they are proposing new laws and what not.

However I will not go and burn the neighbors house down because he is doing something I don't agree with. If is is terrible, I use the resources that were given to me. I call animal control, or the police, depends on what the situation is. I do not lose an ounce of sleep over turning people in for being cruel and not caring to change their ways.

I have been known to testify in trials for animal cruelty, I have signed all my vet records over to Animal Control and the prosecuting attorney in the past, so they could get justice for that particular animal. As you know I take the ones that noone wants and are in extreme need of rehab.

I try my best to educate people instead of taking the animal, when that option does not work out, I will take it, if the person signs the contract and allows. If it is a situation where the animal is in dire need and they will not turn it over, I will call and report them.

In the end I feel this route is a lot better when it comes to getting the point across. I feel no need to become one of those crazy nutjobs, as it defeats the purpose, and noone would get the point of helping the animals, they would be too busy focusing on the fact that I was crazy, lol.

9. labelleninirose

did I ever say I was one of those nutjobs as you call them? no. I'm just saying to not blame everything on there fault because of some extrememist. yes I can be extreme with animals right because I love animals to much! yes I've done my share of manisfestations and what nots because its important to me but I have never ruined someone property or kill someone because he is cruel to animals! I did last year punch a guy in the sotmach when we went to the pig farm on the schools farm and this guy was picking up runt piglets and hitting them atleast 8 times on the concrete wall untile they were dead....sometimes after 8 times they were still alive. I asked him several times to stop but instead he told me it was just an animal and they don't feel pain...I guess my anger came out and I hit him in the stomach, he stopped and I got punished for my actions by being failed from the class...so now I'm doing the class again. if this is extreme for you guys then I guess I don't belong here.as for feeding vids, I dont know if anyone saw the one of the python eating a live chick? after the snake ate the f/t rat his owner shoved a chick in his mouth and taped it....you can see the chick going down the troath still ALIVE. blame this non sense on the owners who do this.

10. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Okay, I think we're getting a little off-topic. I think the point that Merlin, Mooglebass and Nicole were trying to make is this: Fighting for animal rights by going and working to actively change things, that's great. If you're throwing paint on people, or hating them because they eat meat or blowing stuff up, then you're extreme. I'm not judging you because I don't know where you stand.

Furthermore. If anyone has any links to concrete facts or articles, that would be great. It would be helpful if someone had links that showed where some animals downright REFUSE f/t or p/k prey, that would be helpful too.

I think the problem is that they're very black and white. They don't understand the problems involved, or they don't care.

11. nicole

nicole Elite Member

That post was not intentioned to call you a nutjob, that was not the point at all. I was not even referring to you when I was talking about the "nutjobs" out there. ;)

It was in reference to the type Merlin was talking about. Unless you fit under that category it was not meant towards you. ;)

WE have all been in situations that are thoroughly disgusting like you have described. It is what we do with that situation that makes us the person we are.

I have done things that I should have handled differently.

I had an incident a while back with someone throwing rocks in backyard at Oscar ( my sulcata). This was a grown man, who was hanging over my fence with his friends, just nailing Oscar, with these rocks. Well in my anger instead of calling the police, I went to the side of the house and just beamed upside the head with a large rock. He started bleeding and he called the cops. Well, in that instance he was the one who was arrested, but it could have easily been both of us.

Did I learn from that, well absolutely! That was pretty stupid to go out and confront a bunch of drunken cracked out idiots. It would have been smarter to just call the cops and let them do their job.

It is when we start hurting other people to try to get our point across, when we become no better than the rest of the extremists.

12. nicole

nicole Elite Member

13. MoogleBass

Then again, some groups, well one i know of, a rather large one. They have been caught several times for doing what they protect. I think it was last year they got caught with dumping dead cats in a dumpster, I do not think they were killed properly either, I can't remember now. Its been a while.

14. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Well I can definitely say I have never done anything like that!

I have a piece of property they are buried at. As far as euthanising them, that is done by a vet. I euthanise NOTHING myself. I cannot even kill my own rats for feeders.

I do agree though Nate, you would be amazed how many do not practice what they preach!

15. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Nicole: Do you have any kind of logs or anything showing that you tried to feed f/t? Could you make something up? LOL! Obviously I believe you, but I want to show these idiots something concrete.

Moogle: What?! Holy ****! is that PETA or ALF?

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Yep, I have files, why what do you need? I have files on everything that has come in here in the last 5 years. I did have files older than that, but unfortunately I think they were misplaced when we moved here. I was looking for some for Rich a while ago, about bearded dragons and calci sand. I looked everywhere for days and could not locate them.

Those ones are probably stuffed right in front of my face in storage, lol.

17. MoogleBass

Google peta kills and dumps animals

Not trying to bash em or anything.

18. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Not trying to bash them? Who cares! I just googled that, it was absolutely disgusting! That is definitly ethical treatment of animals! ( sarcasm)

19. labelleninirose

do you actully believe everything the internet says? there Is every year someone saying they kill animals for fun. its not true. there are extremist out there who hate activist groups and do all sorts of things to make them look bad. I don't care if you don't like peta, I do. They have done so much to help animals, how do they do these things? they go extreme and do protest. there is no where on the website were it says they are for burnign up building and killing people or blowing up whatever. yes they have tones of videos of disgusting things that people do to animals. they even have one of a lizard skin farm and how they skin them alive. thanks to these guys they stopped a guy in my province who was selling foxes for fur thanks to my phone call. thanks to them fast food chains are beginning to buy there supplies from free ranged farms. they do a lot and they deal with a lot. I know about the website raging that they ''kill'' animals. it's simply not true. this is my last post on this and all I can say is that you have your point of view and I have mine. sometimes, you need to be extreme to get the message out and that's what they are doing.

20. MoogleBass

Thats why it was on most tv news cast when it happened. The people got caught and got in trouble for it, but I guess killing and dumping the animals is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.