This Disappears When Logged In

Live Plants

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Lizardbreeder, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Lizardbreeder

Lizardbreeder Well-Known Member

When I got my gold dust day gecko last weekend at the expo, the guy said they like live plants me and my mom (we care for the animals) have every intention to, but I would like to know which plants and where I can buy them.

2. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

Pothos is a good plant for any lizards and if you have animals that will not chew on leaves, difenbachia is an impressive plant. But it will out grow almost any enclosure eventually. Bamboo is also a good one to try but they prefer low lighting. Most of the plants you can find at a Lowes or Home Depot. Almost any store that has a garden department should have some kind of house plants.

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

A love of most all day geckos is mother in laws tounge (Sansevieria) I use it in most of my gecko cages. It really easy to grow so you really shouldn't have any problems and is native to their natural area.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Mother in Laws tongue is great, so is Pothos. All can be found at any garden store. Be sure to wash the leaves VERY well, and rinse the soil. Wash away much of the soil and replace with organic. We don't want the fertilizers messing up your new friend.