This Disappears When Logged In

Linoleum...

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by hangtown530, Feb 16, 2011.

1. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

Is there any particular material that should not be used or should be used for that matter when sticking your linoleum to the floor for your enclosure?

I just would hate to use material that would jeopardize the well being of the iguana.

Thanks

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I would think that 100% silicone would be more than sufficient for applying the linoleum to the floor and is safe once the fumes escape.

3. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Do you have to stick it down? if you measure and cut it accurately, it will fit snugly and not go anywhere. That way you can take it out for cleaning easily.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I would go with 100% silicone if you are doing floors only. You may need something stronger if you are doing any vertical surfaces as well.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Liquid nails.
    LOL You have obviously never been around a determined large iguana scratching and trying to dig at the floor.

6. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

No I haven't, that's why I framed it as a question Merlin.:p

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My girl has pulled the tiles right off the floor!

8. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

100% silicone huh? That's sounds great...and as for the seams it's aquarium caulking only correct? At least I think that's the safest...thanks for all the input. I appreciate it as always.

9. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

didn't see the liquid nails comment Merlin :) I will look into that.

10. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I wouldn't waste your money in buying "aquarium silicone" as it is just 100% silicone. I agree with Merlin as liquid nail would also work.

11. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

Yeah I just looked that up...:p thanks for the tips.