This Disappears When Logged In

Like a Snake in the Grass...

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by mshrmheadcharge, Apr 12, 2013.

1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I took Aurora out to see one of the calves we have on the farm, and found this cutie on the way back home.
    Sorry about the poor quality! Trying to take photos while holding the baby is no easy task!

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m going to guess it`s a Garter snake, but I have no idea what a "clave" is (unless it`s another name for a leaf?)... (I see lots of claves in autumn here in England).... :-"

3. mshrmheadcharge

Its an eastern garter snake, we have them everywhere in VA. Calves= plural for calf, which is a baby cow! She actually escaped so I went to find her and on the way back almost stepped on that little guy.
    Oh! Hahhaa sorry for the typo! CALVES...eesh.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice find :)

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

How very convenient for you when you can edit misspellings days, even weeks later (you lucky girl, you). I wasn`t sure if I`d just misread claves... That`s what you get for typing two kwickly.. (And not being able to spell proply)...
    Do you mean Aurora escaped so you had to go searching for her (have you thought of putting her on a lead)? (They`re so adventurous at that age, you`ve got to watch their every move).... :((( :cool:

6. mshrmheadcharge

Lol, I is good at grammer and speeling. Thankfully I have a rainbow baby cage for Aurora, so she almost never escapes. The calf conveniently enough ,was harnessed.

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Can you post some pictures and list your temps and humidity? Also, how are you measuring them? What are the dimensions? Babies grow fast, you should probably start working on her adult enclosure now.

8. mshrmheadcharge

This is her enclosure. She already has a dedicated room, or nursery and mostly she free roams.
    Hopefully I find more herps this weekend when we go hiking, nick can play with the baby, I'll be flipping rocks ;)

Attached Files:

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Awesome find :) We still have snow in the forcast for a couple more weeks...

10. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Cute lol

11. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Sad, isn't it? I wasn't sure what to marvel at first in the picture...the grass or the snake! ;)

12. mshrmheadcharge

I'm thankful spring is here, I need the hot sun and green grass.

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Did you guys get hit with a blizzard? we got 10 cms last night so not to bad. My brother is stuck on the highway between Whitecourt and Fox creek. Highways closed there. I'm starting to think we only have 2 seasons, winter and mud.

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You`re going to lose most of the heat and humidity with an open top like that, maybe you can cover it with chicken wire or something?
    How did you get to be a moderator doing stuff like that??? :confused: :confused: :confused: ;|(|

15. mshrmheadcharge

Chicken wire and wet towels should do it. No comment on how I became a moderator, I gotta keep some mystery about myself. ;)

16. mshrmheadcharge

We were hit with a lot of snow last month, and we made an ugly snowman that melted the next day because it was 60degrees out.

Attached Files:

17. JoshuaJones

JoshuaJones Banned User

Accidental herping is my favorite kind.:D