This Disappears When Logged In

Lighting Options?

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by jterek, Jun 23, 2013.

1. jterek

jterek Active Member

I was wondering if anyone has used a ge full spectrum light. I seen these at lowes in a 18 inch and 24 inch. Also a breeder told my friend this is what he used. Didn't really know breeder so was just curious if anyone has used this type of bulb.

2. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

Lowes and Home Depot do not sell UVB bulbs if that's what you are looking for. These bulbs would be strictly for light and not for UVB/UVA requiring reptiles. If you understand that they are just for making the enclosure bright then there is no issue with using them.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

What type of reptile and use are you wanting this bulb for?
    All the term full spectrum really means is that it emits natural light which is basically the colour through the whole spectrum, but not evenly. Just a marketing ploy.
    If you are using it for just overall lighting which is all it is good for. Only use those rated at 6500k which is the colour temperature most closest to natural daylight.

4. jterek

jterek Active Member

Not using it for any reptile was just curious. I have a bearded and iguana.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The term "full spectrum" merely refers to the colors of the visible light emitted. These bulbs mimic the color of visible sunlight to make things more colorful in appearance. UVB is not visible to the human eye and is not present in these bulbs.