This Disappears When Logged In

Lighting for Plant Growth (alternatives for T5)

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Alkier, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Alkier

Alkier Member

hi guys, im trying to research the correct light set-up for my live viv and so far the main suggestion seems to be the arcadia T5 bulbs. I need something in the 650nm range and this matches that perfectly.

However the canopy ive got only supports screw bulbs and not the 'strip' bulbs that are commonplace. Can anyone suggest a bulb with similar attributes but of the screw-in variety?

Thanks for the info

2. Well, I am no expert and kind of a newbie, but i have live plants in both of my tanks, and one is just a cheap daylight bulb from walmart, the other is a strip LED light, and my plants are doing fantastic. Idk if yours is a different concept. Just my $.02

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately the strip T5 are vastly superior to the screw in type. Might be worth investing in a new canopy or retrofitting the one you have.
    I've seen some pretty compact systems that shouldn't be too much trouble to fit inside your hood. I forget the brand however :(

I've never been a fan of any UV screw in bulbs so I can't really help you in that direction.

4. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

What kind of living Vic are you going for?

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of living Vic are you going for? Like what kinda plants are in there......?