This Disappears When Logged In

Let There Be Light! Maybe??

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by JoeyG, Dec 19, 2011.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi everyone, I'm still working on building and efficient snake "rack" or something like that. I'm trying to use display cages so it's more work then tubs. Anyway I'm wondering if anyone knows of any really slim and small light fixtures out there? Ideally I'd like something that can hold a UVB bulb (yes I know snakes "don't need" them) but I'm looking for something slim. If not I'll have to go back to the drawing board and redo some of my work. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

2. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I used to buy the small florescent holder things from Walmart. They are slim and easy to mount inside the enclosures :) Hope that helps!

3. JoeyG

Okay not sure if we're thinking of the same thing but you gave me an idea. I'll buy the light fixture I want and simply take it apart and since the wires are usually long enough I'll just mount the tombstones where I need them and leave the ballast in the back! Thanks for the suggestion! Unless they do make something like that already?

4. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Not too sure, but that is exactly what I was thinking ;) When I first got into keeping herps I didn't know much about the proper gradients and things. But the only good thing I did know is get the cheaper ballast then add in the proper UVB tube (for beardies at the time). We also had a single bulb for heat that was connected outside of the enclosure. I would love to see what you come up with!

5. JoeyG

I'll post pics in a week or so when I eventually get in right. I'm trying for light over the cage for the baby GTP. I was going to simply provide normal light but when I decided to use UVB I realized I had not left myself enough room at the top for a light fixture (since it then has to be over the screen). I have him in the tub still but since he's doing better I want to move him over to a small display slowly and provide him a more natural enviorment. Thanks again! :)

6. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Awesome! That will be great to see :D I love GTPs ;)

7. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

I love them too. I wanted one ever since I heard of them :)