This Disappears When Logged In

Let Sleeping.......

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Dogboa, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Dogboas Lay! LOL or Ouch! I went into the snakeroom Saturday afternoon as is my routine to check everyone. LBV wasn't in his "file cabinet" enclosure. It is closed by magnetic latch. He must have used his weight against the door and managed to push it open. I wasn't too worried as there is no chance of anyone getting out of the room and emeralds tend to go up. I started the search. Took all of 10 seconds and where do I find him, sleeping on top of moms cage! Then I went into stupid mode, just reached up to pick him up. Bad mistake. Had to retreat and let the brain start working, "Hey dummy, get one of his perchs out and let him get on." After he was safely back in his now temporary enclosure (new one will be in this weekend), I went about the task of stopping the bleeding and cleaning up the spatter. Sorry no pics of the blood or bleeding thumb, but here's one of him.
    [​IMG]

Lesson learned, never get complacent and always refer to the rules of proper handling. I guess it was just time for me to have a "reminder lesson".
    Craig

2. venus

venus Founding Member

LOL...Its ouch!! I learned the same lesson the other day...my very first major bite...

He looks beautiful...When are the babies due?

3. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Hey Marsha,
    The one project we have going is due at the earliest in late August. This little fellow has a couple years before he is ready. LOL

Craig

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Yep they do have their ways of letting us know that we aren't as much in charge as we tend to think that we are.
    At least it wasn't serious and he was retrieved safely(from HIS point of view)

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Haha..glad you found him so quickly and glad the bite wasnt too bad! :D :D

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hmmm...I think it would have been more educational to see the bloody thumb...it would also have a nice contrast with the green boa! hehe....i'm glad he didn't wander far, and im glad you came out in one peice!

7. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

I've already seen them when they are red, so I don't need to revisit his childhood! LOL

Craig

8. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Well his wagon has been fixed. He now has a new home and can try all he wants, but this door isn't a "push open". He also has something to look at next door, Rica.

[​IMG]

I still think he is "planning" something.
    [​IMG]

Probably how to open the "pass through door" into the next "appartment" where the hot babe lives. :)

[​IMG]

Craig

9. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

looking good, as always!

10. venus

venus Founding Member

He does look like he is contemplating something in that second pic,,,New home looks great..

11. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

I dont think I have ever seen Emeralds as beautiful as these...Where did you get them from?

12. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

LBV is an F1 male produced by us in '03. Rica is an '03 female purchased from Rico Walder.

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.