This Disappears When Logged In

leopard gecko baby dying

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by willow.hagrid, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willow.hagrid

willow.hagrid Active Member

One of our eggs hatched today and the yoke sack is out side of its body.Its little stomach is all caved in.When it saw me,it tried to run and the sack broke off.Is there any way to help it,it looks so tired.

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The yolk sac is supposed to be outside of the body but its supposed to be fully absorbed by the body. Ive never heard of this happeneing...it looks tired because of lack of nutrition prolly.

3. willow.hagrid

willow.hagrid Active Member

Is there any way to get it to eat right away?

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

You shouldn't be bothering the little guy right now. Pipping through the egg in itself is very stressful and energy consumpting on the leos part. Normally after their head is exposed they will stay partially in the egg for some time absorbing the remainder of the yolk sac. When they are well rested, they will pounce up on their own and begin looking for their way to escape the incubator. lol

You can't speed up the eating process. The leo won't eat until it has made its first shed. (Which it will eat.)

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The shed will happen about 5 days after it hatches if I am rembering correctly.

6. Poops Mcgee

Poops Mcgee Member

It doesn't sound like your leo baby is dying. It sounds like he/she is tired as **** from just busting out of its' egg. Let him chillax and it will all be cool.

7. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Hi willow.hagrid!

Welcome to Herp Center! I agree with the others, give it time .... it's been through alot!

Steve

8. petsareusrescue

petsareusrescue Elite Member

There isn't much you can do at this point but let nature take its course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.