This Disappears When Logged In

Leo with Broken Ankle

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by LeoFanBoii, May 28, 2013.

1. LeoFanBoii

LeoFanBoii New Member

Hello, I recently noticed that my Leo was walking with a very bad limp, when he would walk on one of his feet h e would like lay down and it looked like he was doing. Crawling push-ups, after he didn't go after any crickets I just fed him mealworms and when I looked to see why he was walking like that i saw that one of his legs looked different than the rest. Instead of going straight int his foot, his leg stops, and then his foot is out to the right a little or the left depending on how he stepped. That is the side that e is limping on and it worries me. I think it is broken but we do not have the $500 or however much it would cost to go to the herp vet and have it splinted or whatever. What should I do?

2. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Do you have a picture of your gecko's foot?
    If it is broken, he will need the vet. There is no treating this on your own.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

I can't imagine a vet would charge $500 to treat a broken leg. You may want to call a vet and get a realistic estimate of what they would charge, you may find it to be a lot more affordable than you think!

4. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

I agree with the above. You can't treat broken bones unless they are just digits because they can become infected and then the leg will eventually die and then worse comes to worse and the animal dies....sadly. Please get it to a vet as soon as possible. It will need x-rays and it might get some sort of stent and antibiotics.

5. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Hypocalcemia comes to mind also....