This Disappears When Logged In

Legality of Hots in PA

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by josh112990, Feb 17, 2010.

1. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

I live in PA. I was just wondering what for if any laws there are for keeping exotic hots because I have been seriously thinking about getting a christmas tree phase eyelash viper but I don't want to do it if it is gonna get me a hefty fine. Any answers are greatly appreciated and I just want to say thanks in advance.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

PA laws regarding this were a bit muddled. It basically states you cannot keep any native species. Then it also states a permit can be obtained to "kill capture or possess" certain venomous species. I would contact the state wildlife commission for clarification.

3. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

When I read christmas tree phase I immediately thought of a candy cane with fangs. ;)

4. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

thank you and ashuresque thats exactly what my mother thought lol but once i showed her a picture of the snake she fell in love with it and i kept tellig her that it is not like the boas and pythons she wouldnt be able to handle this one and another question is i was wondering if eyelash vipers are good biginner hots? i have expierence handling rattlers and a few other vipers but i also know that eye lash vipers are alot smaller so more danger from getting tagged

5. Orca

Orca Elite Member

You can try emailing the PA Game Commission. Maine's unrestricted animal list is under its Dept of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife. Here is the link for you.

PGC