This Disappears When Logged In

Large Snakes and Local Law???

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by siamesealmeida, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siamesealmeida

siamesealmeida New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone on here could answer a question for me.

I've recently moved to Berlin, DE and would love to bring my Burmese Python over here, he is currently in the care of a good friend of mine back in London. I have however heard mention of law in Berlin which prohibits the keeping of certain snake species and am unsure as to whether this also applies to the Boidae family.

Of course a DWA license is required to keep venomous but I've never heard of the need for one for large snake species, until now.

Any further info on this would be a great help as I really hope to bring him here as soon as possible.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I deleted your other thread of the same text. Its easier to get the answers you need with just one post. That way all the opinions/information can be posted in the same place.

3. siamesealmeida

siamesealmeida New Member

OK cool, thank. I just wasn't sure where to post it :s

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

You got it right. Hopefully someone will know. We do have people here from the international community.

5. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

If I remember right Berlin is one City/state that has laws against owning all Boidaes. Hessen just past a law against dangerous animals that included most snakes over 2 meters. Best would be to check with your local Regierungspräsidium.

6. titus

7. titus

Ok, so in all my searching I haven't found any reference in any law that states burms as being forbidden in any state, Though they need to be regisered in the state of Bayren. You'll need to send a copy of your sales slip and cites documents to your local Regierungspräsidium any way since the snake is under WAII. Though this isn't a problem. You'll also have to contact the zoll office for the forms you'll need to import the snake. As well as have a vet inspection at the incoming port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.