This Disappears When Logged In

Lampropeltis Ruthveni

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by SSThorn, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Hey guys, I havent had a reason to post recently, but i figured i would share my future breeding project.
    These are the first of a trio i plan on obtaining. These are 100% amel hets, Lampropeltis Ruthveni, Queretaro Kingsnake.

Enjoy the pics

Attached Files:

2. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Nice ruthies!

3. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Thanks!
    going with what you said earlier, Do you know of anything that might go good with these guys? Like a hypo or something?

4. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

There are no hypo ruthveni.....
    I would get an amel ruthveni and produce more....
    Hardly anyone is producing them anymore.

Or I would get a striper het amel and produce amels with the striped gene (but not het striped).
    Then you can raise them up and breed them together to produce amels, stripers, normals and possibly an amel striper.

The amels that turn yellow are the nicest in my opinion....
    Like this one:
    yellow.jpg

Attached Files:

5. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Thats a mean looking snake!
    I like my male, (The lighter colored one) His red bands are large enough, he almost has that coral snake look to him.

I wonder how hard it will be to find a stripe het amel. If I can find it, That would be my best bet I think.

why are the Ruthveni so rare? I only saw one table at the Daytona show that had ruthveni, and all his were het albinos. He wasnt selling any of his albinos.

6. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

I can get you in contact with a guy that has some striped het amel babies......

Ruthveni aren't as popular because there are already many tricolored triangulum in the States.
    Being from Mexico there isn't alot of bloodlines, but I have seen nothing but cool things from line breeding them....

IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg

Or you can wait until next year and get offspring from this pairing.....
    Male:
    IMG_1704.jpg
    Female:
    IMG_2362.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Here's a Super Stripe!
    [​IMG]

8. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

And a nice striped aberrant:
    [​IMG]

9. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

I take it that is your pairing?
    I might take one of those of your hands, or a pair if you're willing to sell them. If I get another female, even a stripe het amel, I could always have a 2.3 ratio, and have good pairings with that. From there I could just line breed them. I do like the top two, Is that just a line breed for less bands?

Attached Files:

10. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

SO MUCH WANT!
    If this could be done in amelanistic, That would be a NICE snake!

11. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Check out this clutch....
    2010_abb_ruth_clutch.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

That is one snake that has not been produced yet.....There are a few trying but not alot of breeders.

13. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

If its a line bred trait, you could cross the SS with an Amel, and IF you can get some good Stripe Amels, or Abarrant Amels, you could cross those and potentially create an Amel SS, correct?

14. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

The first and second one is the Diablo morph Tapalpa, Mexico ruthveni.
    I have her and her brother.....

And I will only be holding back a pair from my striped Amealco ruthveni and that aberrant amel, so there will be some I am willing to let go.....

15. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Are those Abbarant amels in that clutch?

16. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

It's different than a line bred trait, but what you stated has been tested for years and the SS amel has not emerged yet.
    But....that is the only way to go about it.....

17. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Aberrant/striped amels....and some normal stripes....
    The only ones we call super stripes are the ones that have the black border on the stripe....

18. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

that would be a cool project to jump into. I would even like to create whatever those light colored ones in that clutch are. Those are some very nice snakes. I am curious to know if you could take the diablos and line breed them to reduce the pattern to almost zero.

19. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Those light colored ones are amel striped/aberrants......

20. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

How much do the Amel aberrants go for? I wouldnt mind picking up one of those for my third snake for now. Then buy a pair from you next year from your diablo/albino