This Disappears When Logged In

Kunashir Island/Japanese Rat Snakes

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by VaranusDragon74, Jun 14, 2013.

1. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

20130614_174731-1.jpg 20130614_174713-1.jpg 20130614_174559-1.jpg 20130614_175029-1.jpg
    Just got my first Rat Snake, and I went Old World Rat...
    Stopped by Ben Siegel reptiles, and came across a Japanese Rat Snake. After inquiring about it, Ben assured me that it was not only a Japanese Rat, but one of the Kunashir Island locale, and would mature to a nice blue or green color..
    Needless to say, I snatched it up, before I missed out...
    Once I get it sexed, I'll be looking for a mate, or two!!!

Please reply/comment with pics if you keep Japanese Rats, and Kunashir Islands (and enclosures/vivariums)..

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Nice pick up! Very cool!

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Will look forward to future updates on it's color change. That sounds like a really cool rat snake!

4. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

Thanks JoeyG & Justor... Yeah, The funny part is, I didn't handle the snake before purchasing, which I haven't done since my very first snake.
    I get myself mentally prepared, for a bipolar sadist rat snake, and I get home from Ben Siegel Reptiles only to unpack the most tame, curious, and alert hatchling I've ever seen.. And, it's not like I was going off of rumors, or stereotypes of rat snakes, I've actually dealt with a few (everglades, yellow, texas, and some crosses), but never owned any, because of those experiences...

More than worth it's price already...