This Disappears When Logged In

Kullah-Kullah's Great Escape!!!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by TamJam, Mar 29, 2011.

1. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Imagine my horror on being called at work by my sons to tell me that Kullah-Kullah, the six foot Jamaican boa I am keeping for a while, had escaped and was enthusiastically clmbing up the grillework towards the roof on my verandah.

Watch this spot for the rest of the story, and some neat pictures of him enjoying his (temporary) freedom!!!

Get out the popcorn and the pretzels...it's almost show time.

2. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

LOL, I'm thinking about Steve McQueen on a motorbike right now. I hope he makes you work hard to get him back. LOL (As long as he's safe of course). :)

3. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

*waits impatiently* ;)

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Ok the popcorn is ready!!:-":-"

5. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

settling in for a good seat

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This should be good, I'm sure it's getting dark by now in Jamaica!

I hope you get the little fart down and safe! Sounds like he has a lot of energy must be doing good.

OK, got the best seat in the house, popcorn, and grape juice, nice toasty blanket and had a bathroom break already.
    Any time your ready!

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

You guys crack me up.

OK - here's the little devil in person just having the time of his life!!!

December 2010-ELH 003.jpg

December 2010-ELH 004.jpg

December 2010-ELH 002.jpg

December 2010-ELH 001.jpg

...and Mr. Rattie below did not enjoy the whole horrifying episode one bit, no siree!!!

December 2010-ELH 005.jpg

Kullah-Kullah is safe and sound back in his tank on the verandah. I will post more pix of his setup soon.

Hope you all enjoyed the show!

8. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Click on the pictures and they get a LOT bigger and clearer!!! Duhhh!!!

9. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

By the way, Dragonflies, "The Great Escape" is one of my very favourite movies of all time. And I used to DROOL over Steve McQueen!

Tammy is now showing her age...!!!

10. mld

He definitely looked like he was enjoying himself!
    What a great climber, glad you were able to get him down, safe and sound!
    Looking forward to pictures of his setup!
    He's gorgeous!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

At least you got him back safe and sound. I imagine that it was just loads of fun getting him unwound from that ironwork!

12. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Thanks all!

Merlin, the grillework might not have been so hard to get him off of, as the crack he wedged himself in between the top of the grillework and the awning.

It took three of us doing very carefully co-ordinated gentle persuasion and concentration with hands and hook, and the added blessing of a good dose of musk, to finally get him off and back in his tank!

He is doing fine and is eating, shedding, pooping and gaining more length and weight. I am afraid that he now thinks he is at home - permanently, whereas I do not know how this will end - except that he is not going to be the loser!

13. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Yep, definitely looks like the kind of escape Richard Attenborough might have planned. LOL

Glad you got Kullah-Kullah back safely. :)

14. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I'm only 21 and I love the Great Escape and drool over Steve McQueen and James Garner:x. Oh boy, do I wish I was born a few decades earlier...

As for the escape, beautiful snake and glad he is back safe and sound.

15. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL,...I have no doubt that Mr. Rattie was none to happy or thrilled about that one....I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that picture and the Rat's expression....LOL..
    Needless to say, It's very good to know that Kullah-Kullah is now safe and back in his own enclosure, and I am sure that Mr. Rattie can indeed breath a bit easier.

16. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Wow what a funny story and I am glad it all had a happy ending,lol.
    Kullah-Kullah what a great name! :)

17. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

You all make me feel so good to be a member of this site!!!

Thanks for your responses! Made my day.

"Kullah-Kullah" is the Jamaican way of pronouncing "Color-Color" which is a reference to the fact of his two-color body - light orangey-yellow from the head and then turning almost black down to the tail! This is pretty typical of these boas. Locally they are called "Yellow Snake" and much maligned.

18. mld

Believe it or not but they are kept here as pets in Canada, not sure how they got here, probably illegally!
    They are gorgeous though!

19. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

It may happen, if things go on as they are going here, that the only ones left are those in captivity in various places (zoos and private collections) in the world, like in the UK, US and Canada. Time, luck and space are running out for them in their only native habitat - tiny little Jamaica!

20. mld

So sad, that they are losing the only place they can truly call home!
    Is it because of the tourist industry?