This Disappears When Logged In

Knucklehead Rides Again

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Boa, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Boa

Boa Elite Member

No this is not a story about a motorcycle, its a story about a five year old seven foot corn snake named Knucklehead. Back in 2009 I watched him hatch out of the egg and before he could crawl way to parts unknown in Florida I grabbed him. (I travel all over the united states and Canada for my mechanic job so that's how I found him). So we traveled back to NH together and got to know each other, for the first year he lived in a ten gallon fish tank thriving on pinking and live fuzzy mice. At this time I decided to get him use to traveling, we took short trips to engine and tractor shows around the north east (Knucklehead was a big hit). In 2010 he was around 4 feet and on full grown mice and in a 30 gallon fish tank. We went to Canada to work with a friend on engines for a while. When we got back I took knucklehead out of his speacil traveling cage and he could not fit in his home, (it was now 2012 when we got back we had also done some work in the united states during that time as well). So I built him a huge cage and put all his things in there water dish plants hide ect took two of the largest heating pads I could find and put the side by side under the cage. It's now 2013 and knucklehead is 7-8 feet long and still growing, he has seen the whole united states and Canada meet his cousin the rat snake, and been my best friend. I'm almost fifty and he can live to be 33-35 I read in the book by bill love, so I might have to put him in my will. he is probably the gentlest snake I've ever known, he will eat live mice out of my hand I can rub him under the chin. The kids at the engine shows love to hold and pet him. I hope I have him in my life for many more years.

2. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

That is an enermous corn snake. Can you post pics of your buddy?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I too would like to see a photo of this.
    Since the longest cornsnake on record is 6 ft long!

4. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

oh my! I want pictures too!!!

5. cctbspencer

cctbspencer Elite Member

I am going to have to measure Zeus' length! I'm pretty sure he's over 72". I just weighed him Sunday at 1,581 grams.

Boa, please post pics!

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Thats awesome that he can travel with you! I too would like to see a pic!

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

The easiest way I have found to measure is to let them out on the floor, and mark them when they stretch out and measure the mark. measuring snakes is hard lol

8. cctbspencer

cctbspencer Elite Member

I think I have a large enough diameter tube for him to crawl through, I'll just have to measure 24" at a time. He's got the spring time love dance going on right now so he's a handful!