This Disappears When Logged In

Kingsnake or Ball Python

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by thongy, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just what did he think happended to the food that they ate?:rolleyes:

2. Knox

Knox Elite Member

I had a Ball Python once and sold it.

I love Colubrids (Kings, Corns, Rats) because they are very active when I am holding them, slithering around my hands and arms and shoulders.

The Ball was boring to me - it just sat there when I held it.

I still think they are beautiful snakes, just not my type.

Take a look at Corns as well. I have kept snakes off and on for around 25 years and I STILL love Corn snakes. They aren't JUST for beginners.

3. thongy

thongy Member

I finally made my choice, I went to LLL yesterday and decided to go with the cali kingsnake I couldnt resist. I was a bit sad that they only had 3 to choose from and I chose the one with the most white ;D. He's so cute, I forgot to ask them to probe him or her D=. Oh well, gahhhh right when I got home I fed him a pinkie and he went straight for it, I wanted to see if he would go for another pinkie...and he decided to eat a 2nd one(stupid of me). So, I won't feed him for a week or so, I love this little guy, I just need to get my heat mat and my enclosure is set.

I have a question about f/t pinkies, this was my first time buying vacuum packed pinkies and I guess they got a little thawed up in the car and I didn't notice the blood in the vacuum packs till I open the freezer a couple hours later. Is it normal for the pinkies to bleed inside the packs, since the first pack I opened didn't have any blood anywhere the other 2 packs had some blood...so I'm not quite sure if there still good. Just wanting to make sure cause I don't remember noticing blood before I put them in.

Thanks
    - Thongy

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Sorry, I just read your post and noticed your question about the pinkies and the blood. Yes it is very common for f/t pinkies and f/t rodents in general to have a bit of blood escape during the thawing process. I believe this is due to the tissue breakdown after the death of the animal and during the thawing process. I am not 100% sure of this though, just my thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.