This Disappears When Logged In

Kinda Cute !!!

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Mooks, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

:D

[​IMG]

Thought l would share this with ye...Rocks looking at ye !!!!

OK..........GOT MICE !!!!!!!!!!

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It needs the caption,..."Got mice?"

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Awww, can Mooks come out to play? Got mice? I can just see it now... where's your mouse moustache??

4. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

Here ya go!

[​IMG]

5. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Awesome!!

Great pic, perfect caption :D

now to get a candid shot of Flint to captionize... hmm... :p

6. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Very nice! He almost looks friendly.:D

7. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

Cheers mate love the caption, friendly well could actually be calming down at long last had him out three times now and hasn't tagged ...
    Heres hoping to a nice natured adult !!!...can dream l guess..!!
    Just fed him today nice and relaxed again...his future girlfriend lilly is 1 year old in 9 days...
    Do they have to be 2 years old to breed or should l wait till 3...l have heard males mature more quickly than females ..

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I don't know personally, so I googled Californai King Snake Breeding. The folks at NERD(New England Reptile Distributors) suggest that Cali's can become sexually mature anywhere from 18 months to 3 years of age. I did not see any specifics about male vs. female age of sexual maturity. Hope this helps.

9. venus

venus Founding Member

TOO cute.

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great pic !!!!!

11. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

great pic...looks good

12. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Great pic he sure is cute!

13. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

;)

rocks12thJuly2009.jpg

Don't ye think he loves the camera ? This was today....
    Went to a new reptile shop today and saw a cali king adult similar coloring. Amazing at near 5ft...wanted it sooooo bad ...lol
    At £50 was quite cheap !!! around $30 l think.

Cheers all

Attached Files:

14. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

From all your pics it is so clear how much you are enjoying Rocks! What a pleasure!!:D

How is the handling going?

15. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

Well as to handling....er...we havent had the guts lol...yet !!...been sent a snake grabber from the states but as it's a bit rattlesnake ish !!! as in large...
    Might crush the poor fella...so l guess it's a case of grin and bear it and handle him tail first see what happens...

Hows your calis...blade and storm at handling ?

Cheers

16. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Blade is a dream snake, he is peace it self and loves being handled by anybody. I try not to handle Storm because it really stresses her, so, she is just a display snake and she is happy about it. ;) Both of them have escaped before and I must say that with Blade's disappearance I was much calmer than Storm. When I saw Storm was gone I broke out in tears! Funny, you would think that I would feel more for Blade.:rolleyes:

Hie-hie, I cant believe you are still looking for guts!:p My dear friend then this is the time to grin and bear it and handle him - not tail first - but body and all!:D

This is what I did in the beginning and still do with Storm. Open the cage and just tickle Mooks to come out by himself. When he is in such a position that you can pick him up, then, just slowly scoop him up. You need to stay very calm and you need to move very slowly. Allow Mooks to move from your one arm to the other arm.

I promise you, if he does bite, which I doubt, it is only a shock nothing else. There is really no pain involved and it happens very fast. But that must be the last thing on your mind because I have a feeling that Mooks will be like Blade.;)

17. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

:)

You calling Rocky...Mooks now..lol...well we will try and handle him again...its feeding tomorrow so l will promise l will try next week..l want a pic on my arm to prove it..lol...
    Your cali's are superb looking and a great set up..
    Our set up is different as his viv is above the ground and on top of Blondies our rat snake..
    So be a bit awkward to let him come out on his own without a free dive to the floor lol..
    But as my wife keeps saying we must try and handle them more ...l did handle lily when we got her and she never tagged me should have continued really ...she's getting more upfront coming to the front of the viv..but still scurries back when l open the viv...
    So will let ye know how it goes next week hopefully with a pic to prove it...if he stays still long enough..lol.

Cheers

18. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Hie-Hie, Oh my word sorry Rocks - calling you Mooks!!:D

Yes, No you do not want him to do skydiving!

Good luck and I look forward to the photos!;):D

19. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

128923180054975314.jpg

Heh.

Attached Files:

20. Mooks

Mooks Well-Known Member

Well ol rocks didn't look amused when l told him lol...jeez talking to snakes now that's a sign of the straight jacket aint far off lol..

Well we will try and get a pic as we want to get all our snakes used to us...our rats ok she handles well hasn't tagged ...

Just wish calis were like that, but l guess having to put up with rattlesnakes and having them for lunch they need to be feisty....lol

Love the new caption Jen...