This Disappears When Logged In

Kamin's New Cage!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Komododragon12, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

Hey everybody! I decided to redo Kamin's cage and went to the store top pick up some cypress mulch. By the way, even though the pic makes the mulch look red and cedar-ish it's not cedar it's T-rex cypress mulch. Thanks for checking it out!
    Before:
    018.jpg
    After:
    100_1423.jpg
    Kamin:
    100_1433.jpg

2. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

beautiful tank and beautiful snake. love the colors :)

3. Komododragon12

Thanks! She's a miami phase, kinda like a mini Viper lol. :D By the way, how is Viper doing? Kamin is a bit bity too. Maybe it's because miami phase is the natural or wild phase so it's just in their blood.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, it`s a very nice set-up, and I just managed to see the snake in the corner, and the bit I can see looks great! ;)

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice looking enclosure! Kamin I'm sure will enjoy it!

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Cozy looking! She looks comfortable and happy in there.

7. Komododragon12

Thanks! She's coming out alot more as well!

Thanks! No retained sheds (yet) no eating problems, healthy looking body, vibrant colors, and nice clear eyes! A perfect start to my snake keeping = D The only problem is that I can't find her excretions! She eats fine, and shows no signs of obesity though.

8. Komododragon12

Here's some pics of her:
    100_1434.jpg
    100_1436.jpg

9. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

I actually got Viper out again today. He didnt curl up into strike mode he actually crawled around while i was putting more bedding in his cage. I will be switching him from the little tank to the big one tom :) He was very calm today he crawled up my arm around my shoulders and around my neck. he sat there until I was tryin to get him down to put him back in his cage...he wrapped him self in my hair!!!! it was so hard to get him out. He made him a home in my hair lol. guess where I have so much hair it was warm. but hes doing good. hes out and about today but i put a heating pad on the side of his tank and also more bedding so i think hes warmer now :)

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

11. Komododragon12

That's great to here! Mine seems less defensive now to. Post pics of Viper and his cage as soon as you can!

12. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

Def will :) im gonna see if I can get some extra leaf vines that i had for the igs and give him something to hang in since he likes my christmas tree :) glad your snake is turning around like mine :) Im trying not to take pics for a while because they told me to leave him alone but i cant hes too beautiful to have just sitting around. if he keeps liking being handled then ill keep getting him out. with my bp and rosy boa they hid for a week and never came out and they were held multiple times a day. he has never been handled and hes out and about. I think its because hes used to alot of motion and noise. Hes probably wondering why he doesnt hear the parrot vibrations anymore because they had an obnoxious parrot in the store plus a ton of birds. Hes fat and healthy. his stomach is beautiful i love the pattern of his stomach :) i thought i love the BP but nope he takes the cake....he has my heart :) hes such a sweety but hates my husband :) everytime my husband comes around he gets into strike mode. everytime he does that im like "good boy...your a momas boy" (; email me anytime :)

oh what bedding do you use again???

oh p.s. Viper is about 4 foot long. I cant measure him just yet because he doesnt like it when i stretch him out ): but he sure does love me (the warm tree) lol

13. Komododragon12

I used T-Rex Cypress Mulch. My corn is just about 16".

14. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

ill have to see if i can find some without driving 2+ hours to get it. Hes so tiny compared to Viper lol. Just wait...he'll be big before you know it :)

15. Komododragon12

He's only 6 months old right now, and I found the mulch at Petsmart.

16. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

The closest Petsmart to me is abut 2.5 hours away ): yea hes gonna be about 4 foot in 2 yrs....just imagine :) hes gonna be so pretty

17. Komododragon12

What stores are in your area?

18. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

walmart...family dollar....dollar general...lowes foods...rite aid. thats it!!! we are a small rincky dink town :) just got walmart in 2006

19. Komododragon12

Check walmart's garden section. Just make sure you don't get any cedar/aromatic wood mulches or anything treated with anything that ends in cide.

20. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

kk :) got it thanks :)