This Disappears When Logged In

Juvie Crested Bedding

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by bobberly1, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

I have three 2 1/2 month old crested geckos in a 20 gallon tall aquarium on newspaper. I'm rather concerned about that, thinking that the ink could dissolve when I mist and hurt them, or that it keeps the humidity too low. They are only fed Repashy mix, no live insects now (which the bag says is okay). I was wondering if I can switch over to some coco coir I have now.

Part 2: Sorry, I have a second question. Where can I get an all-in-one cage like a vision cage, but for a little less? Too bad Neodesha closed down, those seem perfect.

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

As long as it is just the black ink the newspaper should be fine. I want to say that it's actually soy based ink. It's the comics and adds that you don't want to use. Coco Husk substrate would also be fine to use as well.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I always find the best cages are home made. Find an old piece of furniture. Or you can do a vertical conversion on a 50 gallon. Also, if 37 gallons is ok, there is a tank that is the same foot print as the 29 gallon, but its taller. I have my red eye tree frogs in it.

4. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

The coir's in. They all look very happy and it's much more visually appealing.

I need something for a ball python, so I was looking for something with a heating element built in. Anyone have any brand suggestions?

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Try starting a new post. People who know about BP's might not look in a thread about cresties...

6. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

Will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.