This Disappears When Logged In

Juvenille Savannah Monitor + Enclosure

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by SVMonitor, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SVMonitor

SVMonitor Well-Known Member

I have a Juvenile Savannah monitor, I believe it is a she and she needs a new good home. Her name is Seuss, she is a little temperamental but she is still a baby. Due to work and school, I don't have the time requirements to attend to her needs properly and I would prefer for her to go to someone with the time to properly take care of her.

9 months old about 20" long from snout to tip of her tail, she will feed from tongs. Prefers Nightcrawlers, Dubia roaches and Crickets.

The enclosure I have her in is a custom 6x3x2 wood enclosure with a sliding glass front, there is a 48" florescent light inside with a 5.0 UVB reptisun bulb and a normal florescent bulb. Her heat lamp is a single 75watt halogen bulb with an elevated platform.

I don't want any $$ for the adoption, I just want her to go to a good home.
    2012-03-01_15-25-48_696.jpg

2. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

What's wrong buddy?

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I hope you find a good home for the monitor, it`s not a juvenile, at around 20 inches ToL probably already sexually mature, and if a female, you might have had eggs by now (have you)?

4. SVMonitor

Because of my school and work schedule I haven't been able to pay her close enough attention and it isn't going to get any better. I love having her but realistically someone else could give her a better life.

and no eggs yet, but I am only assuming that she is female.

5. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Keep her, you only need to interact with her an hour a day? At the start. Trust me getting rid of her isn't the answer you will regret it

6. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Brady, there is more to owning a monitor than interacting an hour each day.
    If the OP doesn't feel they are capable of doing what's best for the monitor for whatever reason it may be time to find it a new home before the situation is worse. I don't agree with any animal being considered disposable or just getting rid of it out of boredom but sometimes life doesn't work with "plans" and parting ways may be the only option.

Good luck finding your Savannah a new home. Hopefully you are able to find someone who is prepared for the work and responsibility.

Not saying it is or isn't but if this was an impulse purchase I hope you are able to learn from it and reconsider or be better prepared the next time.

7. SVMonitor

If everything works out, it looks like she will be going to a local reptile zoo. I got in contact with the owner and he seems interested in her. Fingers Crossed.

8. DrakeLineous

DrakeLineous New Member

Hey, if I saw this post about a month earlier, I wouldn't have bought one and just adopted yours. In any case, is she still there? I'd be glad to take her. Cheers.