This Disappears When Logged In

Just Wanting to Pay My Respect for One I Didn't Get to Know

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by waswhatever, May 24, 2011.

1. waswhatever

waswhatever Active Member

I'm sure I'm not the first to feel sorry for that little underdog we see at the chain stores. This past Friday while picking up supplies at my local Petco I wondered over to the crested geckos out of curiosity. He was housed with 2 others who were double his size and had stuck shed, otherwise alert and active. I decided to take him home. I helped him with his shed via the sauna method and qtip method.

Sadly though on Saturday I noticed what look to be like blood in his urate and again last night when I went to check on him there was blood on the leaf. I feel so horrible. He was listless and lethargic today and sadly he didn't even make it the 30 minute drive back to Petco, so he would have never made the hour and 10 minute drive to the nearest vet. I only had the little bugger for just under 4 days but it was very heartbreaking and as the title states I just want to pay my respects :( Sucks how quickly you can become attached to something and then feel like a horrible ball of fail..

littleone.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Rest in peace little guy! Sorry for your loss!

3. jewledrose

jewledrose Elite Member

Sorry to hear about him! :( I'm sure he was happy he had you caring for him for the 4 days though.

4. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Gotta love petco!
    Sorry to hear.

5. waswhatever

waswhatever Active Member

Thanks guys a lot, cause I feel so blah about it all. I may have lucked out with Jethro and my leo but that's it for chain store animals as far as I'm concerned.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

poor guy.

7. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

So sorry. Poor little thing.

8. Alby

Alby Elite Member

I'm really sorry for your loss. Its never easy and unfortunately all too common.

9. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Heck I won't even buy from exotic pet stores. Unless the store breeds their own animals. I bought an iran jaya carpet python from LLLReptile at a reptile expo, and he passed away in 5 days. Breeders are the only people I will consider. And even then I want to see proof of their quality care. It is so very sad to see and I am sorry for your loss :(

10. DaliKalak

DaliKalak Well-Known Member

Sigh... I hate to hear stuff like this. :( Poor fella. I work at Petco and I'm sorry this happened to the little guy. I feel like I'm one of the only ones working at Petco who cares enough about the animals to give them a good home and not just want to SELL them... Sigh.

11. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

12. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

thats so sad :( atleast you tried to bring him back from the brink...
    RIP little guy