This Disappears When Logged In

Just Set Up My Fire Belly Toad Vivarium and Need a Little Advice.

Discussion in 'Toads' started by LightLizard, Dec 17, 2014.

1. LightLizard

LightLizard Active Member

I have a 20 gallon long tank with 2 FBT and 2 Anoles. I just put a piece of glass about 4 1/2 inches tall in the bottom so I could have it part land/water.
    I set it up and it looks great, but I don't know if I'll need a filter? I also have a Betta in the water section so if I don't have a filter, but change the water enough will the Betta be fine??? The tank has only been up for almost 2 days with no mishaps. I was planning on making a waterfall, but I didn't want to buy a water pump (for the waterfall) and then find out I needed a filter. I'll post pics asap. Will the water pump be enough to make it work?
    I'm planning on putting some java moss and a moss ball in the water....will that help?

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Definitely get a filter, the toads will muck up that water quick.

Also, not only is that amount of water unsuitable for a betta, but the toads will likely foul the water with their poisons which is very harmful to fish. I also wouldn't be surprised if your anoles suffered some adverse affects as well.

Have you considered separating them?

3. LightLizard

My Anoles and FBT have been together for years with no problem. Thanks for your concern though!:) I have a separate water container for the anoles, but they mostly drink water droplets when I spray the tank.

4. LightLizard

I'll get a water filter asap.