This Disappears When Logged In

Just Saying

Discussion in 'Salamanders & Newts' started by cbbrown, Apr 26, 2014.

1. cbbrown

cbbrown Active Member

I have owned my tiger salamander for about 2 and half years, and my axolotl for about a month. I also have been caring for my in law's axolotl for about a month. I just wanted to share how i think worms are the best feeder for salamanders that are large enough to eat them. My tiger has been on nightcrawlers since he was about 5 and half inches long. Now he is 10 and half inches long and still growing but is nice and healthy. I just recently put my axolotl and my inlaws on a diet of worms. They are voracious eaters of the cut up night crawlers that i put in their tanks especially if it's still moving. I've been doing research on other sites and a very well known caudate site says that worms are the perfect food for them. It's just not for the faint of heart when it comes to cutting up the worms so they are small enough for the axolotls, my partner kind of flipped out when the worm pooped as she cut it.

Attached Files:

2. limnologist

limnologist Banned User

You should try feeding slugs too. Just for the fun of it :). My axolotls would take a slug over the nicest, juiciest worm on earth anyday haha.