This Disappears When Logged In

Just Got a IJ Carpet Python

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by jdandlucy, Feb 16, 2013.

1. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Congrats! Carpets are great snakes. That one is pretty huge for an irian jaya.

3. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Congrats! I've had mine a couple weeks and love him. They are awesome snakes.

4. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

the information I received from the owner about this snake was, urinates yesterday, pooped 7 days ago, fed 5 large mice on Monday, shed over 1 month ago. He wanted to get rid of the snake so he could devote all his time to his ball python breeding. She is very active, clean scales and vent. Bright eyes. I performed the mite test with a wet paper towel, no sign of any mites. Now for the next 2 weeks in quarantine

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Whoa 5 mice at a time? She should have been switched to rats a looong time ago lol. Or is she a stubborn mouser?

6. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

He never tried. He always had mice on hand from the BP. I have a gift for her in a week. 150 gram rat. LOL

7. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

Every time I click the link it says not found

8. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

I will try to link the photobucket to my albums and attach them Later. Had to run and get supplies for my small rodent rack.

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

That is indeed an awesome find! Congrats on the new addition, she's a beauty. I'm with Austin, she should have been on rats a while back, good luck :)

10. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

11. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

Thanks, I just got home and tried to view them on my laptop and they worked fine, just doesn't want to work on my tablet or phone. That is one lovely snake, what are you naming her?

12. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

dont know yet. as with all my animals i have to see their personality, and go from their.

13. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

DSCF0136_zps1d941770.jpg DSCF0137_zps996a760b.jpg DSCF0138_zps83575b0e.jpg sitting in her quarantine tank.

14. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

48 hour update. the carpet lives up to the reputation of being very cage aggressive. after trying to check the newspaper to clean it, that she did not like. i had to resort to getting the snake hook out to take her out of the cage. once out of the cage she was great. she curled up on my lap and chilled. picking her up to place back in the cage was very easy. no indications of wanting to strike. i do have one question she likes to hide under the newspaper. is that normal?

15. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

name has been found. Her name is " Peaches ". her name is not for the color , but rather the saying. " Life aint always peaches and cream "

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It opened fine for me,

17. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

Merlin: Yea I think its because Google Play said that the HC app isn't compatible with my devices, and I installed it anyways by downloading it on my fiancee's phone and then backing it up xD.

jdandlucy: love the name. any idea where I can buy a snake hook since all the pet shops I've been to don't carry them?

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

19. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

I got a cheap collapsible snake hook from PETCO. It is not strong enough for lift my carpet completely.

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Many of my snakes prefer to hide under their paper/carpet/etc. totally normal.

I have a BRB named peaches!