This Disappears When Logged In

Just Can't Believe HOT DOGS!

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by mld, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I was looking through our classifieds and came across this ad for a Kingsnake.

2. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

I can hardly see hot dogs as being healthy for the snake. 0_o...that really is a new one for me, amazed the snake eats it to be honest.

Also the "he is now of breathing age" comment made me laugh.

3. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

What a COMPLETE shame :(((....the only thing "correct" about that entire ad were the words "he needs a new home"
    For the sake of the snake, I certainly hope he finds one VERY soon..

4. mld

I'm assuming that this person is french, because of the wording, a lot of ads are like that around this province! I just couldn't believe the hot dog part!

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Just when I thought I have heard every stupid thing that I could hear~~then this post! Wow it's a crying shame!
    How in the world do you get a snake to eat a hot dog?!

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Could be snake sasuages that he feeds, doubt it though lol.

7. mld

I doubt that was he/she was talking about since he said

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

What makes me really cringe is someone with no experience or common sense may see that and do the same thing.

Let's just hope that the snake goes to a good home where they know what their doing!!

9. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I learned a LOOOOONG time ago...never underestimate the total stupidity of people! Of course for any new snake keepers out there- DO NOT FEED HOTDOGS TO YOUR SNAKES!!!! Of course, they aren't really very good for people to eat either (all though I do love a good Nathan's hotdog with chili,cheese and mustard on a steamed bun every once in a while). ;)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If an animal is starving you would be surprised what they would eat! Snakes in the wild have been seen consuming carrion.
    Me too since the snake sausages are more costly than the regular feeders. Sounds like some one is a cheapskate! Who knows what type of medical conditions are coming along with the deal!

11. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I can tell you first hand some of the medical conditions, a "rescue" that I used to volunteer at which was recently shut down by the SPCA and DEC for inhumane treatment/housing etc of the animals.
    She was feeding hot dogs to the monitor lizards, bearded dragons,blue tongue skinks and anything else that would eat them, she thought it was Funny and a great idea to show the people in the audience (yes, she did educational shows) how they loved their "snacks" We always asked her not to do this since a)not healthy for the animals b) not the right information to be giving out, but after eating these every weekend for over two years that I know of, several of the animals have sadly passed on way before their time.
    obesity, Kidney failure, fatty liver disease are just a couple of issues several of the animals had at necropsy.

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Awful. no one should eat hot dogs, let alone snakes! I never eat a hot dog and think, "I'm glad I did that, I feel great!"

13. Merlin

My mother retired from Wilson foods in the meat packing area.
    She wouldn't eat a hot dog on a bet.
    Which I found funny since she was from Germany!

14. mld

I love a hot dog now and then, but I too know people who worked at these plants (ML) and they would never eat a hotdog or bologna!

15. MoogleBass

Ill eat the good hotdogs, hebrew nationals. mmmmmm so good. Souse is worse than hotdogs...even though its kinda the same lol.

16. mld

What is Souse? Inquiring minds want to know!

17. Merlin

I thought souse was someone who drinks too much!

18. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Souse is a Head cheese.

"Head cheese is not a cheese but a meat jelly made with flesh from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) in aspic"

(and I know that even if I had too much to drink, I would still NOT eat that.......but maybe someone who was completely "soused" would;) )

19. MoogleBass

Looks rather nasty too. Google it.

Oh yeah ill still eat salmi and stuff. Even though it has mold grow on it. Mmmm

20. mld

My mother use to eat that stuff, gross, that and blood puddling:-&

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.