This Disappears When Logged In

Jungle Carpet Python Cage

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Passion4Pythons, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion4Pythons

Passion4Pythons Active Member

So im getting my jungle carpet python soon... like within the next week or so...

and basically i moved akua into the rack (cause this was his house) and totally revamped it for a JCP... thinking yesss a snake what will use the vertical space more than akua! yayy!
    aha
    so heres the cage
    [​IMG]

Its an old Cabinet style TV revamped - made it a year ago...
    do yall think i should add anything else? i have 2 vines, 3 perches, the tile in the back left corner has an UTH under it... then you have the basking area, and in the back right of the cage [[you can hardly see it]] i have a humid hide...

Thanks
    -Sara

2. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

The cage looks good though for a Morelia spc. alittle empty. If your carpets are anything like mine they'll spend 90% of their time in the branches. So they'll like a number of branches that span the cage. They also may not use any hides that are offered so a well planted cage would be a plus to give hiding options. I've included a few pictures of my Darwin Carpets cage to give you some ideas. Good luck with your JPC's you'll enjoy them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Passion4Pythons

Thanks, i will prolly work on a few more branches today... i like the live plants, any specific kinds that do well?

4. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Given the temps and humidity that you'll have to have in the cage, just about any tropical plant needing part shade to full light, moist ground, and high humidity. Will do well. I find ferns, pathos, broms, orchids, different forms of dieffenbachia, even monkey pitcher plants, grow well in any cage thats kept over 60% humidity. With the enviorment you'll have you have lots of choices.

5. Passion4Pythons

ok, guess i will have to save some money =D in the mean time i guess more fake plants will do... but that would deff be cool to have live plants =D

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you check out nurseries you can find small starter tropical plants for pretty cheap. You're not looking for big office specimen plants. And many of the plants that wil be useful in your situation can be easily rooted in a glass of water. So one plant bought may give you several plants.

7. venus

venus Founding Member

That is suhweeet!! I'm jealous, lol

8. Passion4Pythons

still, i have a budget for my snakes, and getting the jungle carpet python depleted that budget... =D i get paid for doing photoshop for my mom and her photography business. shouldnt take that long =D

i made it from an old cabinet style TV, if i can find all the progress pics i'll try and get something up...

9. venus

venus Founding Member

That would be awesome, I cant wait to seem them.

10. Passion4Pythons

ill have to look on my moms computer for the pics... i will most deff try and get a few up =]

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Live plants definitely help keep humidity levels up.
    The plants we use are:
    Philodendron scandens
    Scindapsus pictus
    Chamaedorea elegans
    The terrarium looks great. More branches at different heights will give your snake a wide range of choices. We've found that our GTPs use almost every branch in the terrarium at one time or another.
    Can't wait to see pics of your new jungle carpet! :)

12. Passion4Pythons

Well Anthony just e-mailed me... hes being shipped out next week, i would have him this week but the temps up by him are below 0 =[ so in the meantime that will give me something to do =D

13. Passion4Pythons

Ok, so i just put up the how to if you can call it that... im not to too good at doing that kinda stuff... just the building and designing part =D but its mostly to give yall the idea =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.