This Disappears When Logged In

Jumping into the Glass

Discussion in 'Toads' started by KylalaKitty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. KylalaKitty

KylalaKitty Member

So, I have a woodhouse toad that seems to go crazy at night and jump into the sides of her cage. She is in a 100 gallon with lots of room, plants, and a soaking bowl. Blocking her view by covering up the cage doesn't help, at all. Sometimes a snack calms her down but not by much. Her dirt is kept moist so she can bury if she wants too (she doesn't very often tho) and all this been going on for almost every night for several months. I hoped she'd just stop but she hasn't. Anyone have any ideas on what to do??

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Wild caught adult?

For me what has worked was to use a masking around the base of the tank for about 3-4" above the substrate. Mast critters can't accept that glass is real.... and will try to go through it all the time. My Emeralds will try to jump on my camera when I have it on the tripod outside the tank.... One of these days I'll get a funny pic of that :p

3. KylalaKitty

KylalaKitty Member

she was wild caught as a baby last year and is an adult now. She has not hibernated.

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I'd also check for anything that may irritate their skin, could be trying to get away from something.

Any recent changes in lighting, substrate, or hides, anything different just before this behavior started?

5. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

Are there feeders in sight? I have left the cricket bin within sight a few times and all six of my amphibians went nuts. Are fungud gnats present in the enclosure? Most ignore them but some individuals become very irritated