This Disappears When Logged In

Ivan, the new Ball Python

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Ivan was put in a 45 show tank last night. He likes to climb up on things so we put thick/tall driftwood in there and a under tank heat pad, new screen top, light etc....
    I have a big ceramic water bowl in there but I'm not sure he can fit his whole body in it. Any ideas what I can use for a different bowl that he won't tip over? The tank is 12-13 inches wide.They can spill plastic bowls right? He's about 3 1/2-4 feet and a fat boy! LOL I don't have a clue what he weighs.
    Thanks,
    Jem

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

You can try a large rubbermaid and put a piece of slate or those garden pavestones in the bottom to weigh it down,,,,just make sure whatever you put in the bottom is boiled or heated in the oven to remove parasites

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Sounds good Jem, but.. where are the pictures??? :D

For our royals, and for some of our larger snakes, we use plastic bowls - plastic plant pot bases, and cat litter trays, and the like,.. once they are filled with water they are quite heavy. If we need to add extra weight to prevent spillages we just put in some clean rocks and pebbles. Also don't worry too much about the snake being able to fit its whole self in there - chances are it can even if you think it can't, they can fit into surprisingly tight spaces, but if not he will probably be able to fit most of himself in there, and the times when they are most likely to soak is if they are in shed, if they have mites, or if their temps are too warm.

:)

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

That brat got stuck in a cardboard tube!! It's about the size around as a regular mayonaise jar and about a foot long! How the heck did he FIT? LOL
    I took the tube apart to get him out but man oh man was he TIGHT in there!
    Maybe he WILL fit in the ceramic bowl huh? :p
    Yes the tube is gone now...

I need a digi cam *sigh* but I'll take some pics soon then try to get them posted...watch out Merlin, I'll be picking your brain to post pics soon! :p lol

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Any time Jem ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.