This Disappears When Logged In

Itty Opening His Mouth ?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by zippy2013, Jul 20, 2013.

1. zippy2013

zippy2013 Subscribed User Premium Member

OK took Itty to his check up today. Vet saw a 95% improvement. ( having hundreds of parasites in his stool sample to literally 10 she counted. SO EXCITING! )She was surprised to see how much he has improved since the last check up. Except for the not eating much part. She noticed he was more active and wanting to move more then last time. He gained a gram since last check up. Which is not good but its better than I thought since hes been not eating lately.

1-2ish weeks and he can go back into the bigger cage. Bought a lot of the stuff for his forever home. Guna start working on that tomorrow probably.
    Wanting to get it finished before it starts snowing and the house is down in the 30's at night :eek:!
    Bought some waxworms, more crickets mealworms still waiting on the phoenix worms (been a week since I ordered them) -.-

2. zippy2013

Been 4 days since Itty's check up. Still giving him the baby food / live food. Wont touch the mealworms/crickets/waxworms. What ashock still waiting on the order I ordered over a week ago...

I've heard reptiboost is a good idea ? what do you guys thinks ? If yes where can I buy it and how do I give it to him ? any ideas?

3. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Greenpetmeds.com has it for the lowest price that I have found. Around $25 with shipping.

4. zippy2013

oh good.
    he actually ate a waxworm this morning made me happy :)
    he's fighting me on everything. So ima stop giving him the baby food and see what he does tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully he'll eat more then.

Giving him his meds/bath today was probably the hardest in a long time. So feisty lol (which Im happy for :) )

Really hope we can get him into a bigger cage soon

5. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Sometimes Zen doesn't want to eat while being hand fed, but I don't want to leave loose crickets in his enclosure. I have started leaving 6 or 8 in a 3in deep dish for him. The crickets can't get out if you remove one of the hind legs. So far he has eaten all or most of them by the time I get home from work. Maybe try this with Itty?

6. zippy2013

I can try this. He completely avoids the food dish 100% Unless he's trying to get out of the cage. but I will try anything at this point.

7. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

I put the dish on Zens basking shelf, so he sees it while basking.

8. zippy2013

So great day yesterday. Itty ate 2 meal worms 1 wax worm and a phoenix. WHICH IS AWESOME!

Vet called and said it will be okay with putting Itty back into the 40 gallon. SO he is in there while hubby and I are working on his forever home. Ive noticed though that one of his toes is a little swollen so keeping my eye on that. But everything else is looking good. We put him inside of the 40gal and he was looking around it confused lol.

9. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

So glad to hear he is eating better! I bet he is really happy to be back in his larger home. :)

10. zippy2013

Still think hes confused. He stayed near his waterfall for abit but started to swim and run to his basking spot. So just giving him time to himself to figure out whats going on atm. Working progress but everything is looking much better :)

11. zippy2013

So update on Itty's forever home we got the frame worked out. and tomoro going to paint/seal everything.

u7nd.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Will keep everyone updated :)

Attached Files:

12. zippy2013

ok so ive tried looking up for the reptiboost but I cant find it ? is there a sight I can go to or does any one have a link too it ? or is it called something totally different ?

13. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

I know of reptaid at Green Pet Meds I'm not sure about reptiboost. I have seen various reptile appitite stimulants available as well.

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

This is a good product: Store

15. OEW

OEW Elite Member

It's on Petco's website here...

16. zippy2013

Not been a good day. Found Itty dead in his water when we got home from work... its been an awful day.. He was running around before we went to work this morning and got home and everything just fell apart... R.I.P Itty

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Poor Itty! I am sorry you lost him.

18. OEW

OEW Elite Member

Oh no! :( That's terrible. Sorry for your loss.