This Disappears When Logged In

It's Me and Mine.

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Dragoness, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

This year has been so up and down, it's like a roller coaster, and even though it's starting to draw to a close, it still isn't slowing down.

My 'New' boyfriend was only home for two days, rather than the 2 weeks minimum he thought he would have before his deployment to Afghanistan. We have been close friends for 11 years, and dated in high school, before I graduated, and we kind of had to go our separate ways.

So - the engagement ring he ordered won't be in for a few more weeks, and he wasn't able to surprise me with it when he proposed. I have an engraved titanium band being custom made. He won't tell me what it says - that will be a surprise.

We have tentatively set the date for May 1st 2013 (The may after he returns from his deployment - in theory.) and just started telling family yesterday. When we told my mom, her response was "I knew it!".

Anyways, this is me and He.

Attached Files:

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats Jen and nice photos.
    Maybe it will say HerpCenter on it ;)

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Ha ha, if he does that, I'll make Rich do the wedding.

I couldn't pry it out of him. All he would say is "It's something simple."

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congratulations Jen! You two make a nice looking couple!

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats Jen! I can assure you that it doesn't say Herp Center. That narrows things down some!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Thanks - It's nicer when he actually has hair, though.

Rich: Good to know!

7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Congrats!!!, best wishes to both of you!!

8. Flint

Flint Elite Member

You guys look great together, congrats!!!

9. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Awwwww congrats! :)

10. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

Congratulations!

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations Jen!
    Great photo of the two of you, he is a real cutie, and you have the most beautiful eyes.

12. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

Congratulations Jen!! My family and I wish you many many wonder-filled decades together. :)

13. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

CONGRATULATIONS Jen!!!!! I am so happy for you! If anyone deserves a break in their life it is you. November 6, my wife and I will be celebrating 24 years together. Of course, we only knew each other for a whopping 5 weeks (that's 35 days...give or take a couple of days). I hope you two have the same longevity.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

wow, Allen and I have known each other for 11 years now, but have only been dating since May, and made the decision to get engaged shortly after we found out he was deploying again. Sometime in June. We didn't want to announce it just then.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. I won't be happy about him being gone, but it'll make me so much more grateful when he's back.

15. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

LOVE IT! Congrats!!!

16. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Woohoo! So exciting can't wait to see photos of your ring!

17. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations!!!!!... you 2 make a very cute couple,....thanks for sharing the photos..

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Picked up my ring a few weeks ago, and never remembered to mention it here. It's just a plain Titanium band, but the inscription on the inside says "I am Yours"

19. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

20. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

That's so sweet! Congratulations. May you be blessed with lots of love.