This Disappears When Logged In

It's a Little Early to Trick or Treat Skinny!!!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by JSqueezer, Oct 18, 2013.

1. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Our Jungle carpet python decided to play a little trick on me. In his enclosure we use paper. It's easy to clean up when he does his business and he spends most of his time "hanging around" anyway. He's rarely on the floor of the enclosure. I go to take a peek at him because he's so pretty... and I like the wiggly little guy.

I look in... No Skinny!! My heart drops to my toes. He was there earlier this morning. He and I spent a few minutes together. I check to see if he could have gotten out through the hole for the light fixture. No. The enclosure sliding doors were closed. No escape there. What would I tell my husband "gee honey, you've only had Squeezer for a just over a month.. you couldn't have gotten attached to him that fast?" Then I look under the paper and there was Skinny!! He was annoyed that I woke him or that I discovered his hiding place. I picked him up and held him for a few minutes... extremely grateful that he was not squirming around the house. Hey, I'm not afraid of him, but I'm not crazy about a python loose in my home! Just thought I'd share.. you can all have a good laugh at my stupidity... after all you all would have checked under the paper first, right?

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No I would have checked in my bed first.

Glad you found him.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not at all! We have all been THERE!
    At least he wasn't out loose in the house!

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Lol! We've been there before. At least he was still in there and no harm done :)

5. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

This exact thing happened to me today! Just not a carpet python, and not under paper towels. I'm so glad he was still safe and sound! We've all been through it, we know that heart sinking feeling!