This Disappears When Logged In

Isla Cerralvo iguna Care. Help!

Discussion in 'Ctenosaura - Spiny Tail Iguana' started by Baja_Houdini, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baja_Houdini

Baja_Houdini Member

I've got an Isla Cerralso Spiny-Tailed iguana. I need help! I live 10 miles from Cerralvo Island. I just want to know how to care for him and if he has any specific things about the species. Are there any articles written on this certain type of iguana, or is there anyone here who can help?

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Welcome to the HCN, Colleen has pointed to the best links I could find on that species. Best of luck.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

5. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center! How about sharing some pictures of your iguana?? :)

6. Baja_Houdini

Baja_Houdini Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. And I'll be posting some pictures of him (or her...) probably this weekend.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Cool!
    We'll be waiting!;)

8. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Looks like Colleen has everthing under control....Welcome to HC Network! Hope you like it here! I do know that your iguana will need loads of handling to keep him/her tame...they have a tendency to be somewhat nasty...so best of luck to you! and yea post those pics ....

9. Baja_Houdini

Baja_Houdini Member

Yeah, so I read. We din't buy this guy. One day our groundskeeper showed up with a big smile on his face and holding this lizard. So we put him in a bird cage over night and studied up on them. Now he is running loose in a bedroom, there aren't many hiding places. He comes out to bask and we gave him a lamp. He seems content enough. Won't eat on his own so we catch him and put food in front of his mouth, when he opens it we put it inside and then he swallows. He is pretty mellow, sometimes hisses when we come to close, but mostly ignores us. LOL. We are going to build him a cage type terrarium sometime. Hope he gets tame sometime in his lifetime.

Is there a way to judge their age? And what gender they are?

10. Baja_Houdini

Baja_Houdini Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.