This Disappears When Logged In

Is This What I Think This Is?

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by TJOHNSON722, May 19, 2012.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I got this ball today. Brand new baby. I'm thinking this is from the egg? Is there anything I can do now before vet? Or is this something that will clear up on its own?

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks like where the umbilical cord/yolk sac was, they usually close on their own!

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

That's what I thought. We bought him anyways.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Has he eaten and who did you buy it from?

5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I bought it from a breeder there at All Ohio Show. He said its eaten but I'm not sure it looks too little. Oh well, if not, ill get him to eat.

6. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

My ball had a similar thing on her belly when I first got her. The vet reassured me that it was just an area on her belly from where the yolk sack had been absorbed. It has since completely healed and left almost no mark at all. The vet told me the only time to worry is if there is a noticeable pinkish hard lump formed from within the split of the scales that is protruding. Means there is some kind of muscular problem that can cause a blockage in the snake's GI Tract and restrict it's ability to move.

Only suggestion she had was to keep my little darlin on newpaper or paper towel until there was no noticeable opening, and monitor for an infection.

7. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I'm switching to newspaper anyways. My husbands cousin does a newspaper route on side so he has tons of bundles left over everyday. That's the way to go. Can you say free? Not to mention the coupons I get. I have 5 bundles I picked up today. One bundle with coupons from last week.