This Disappears When Logged In

Is This True?

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by biollantefan54, Jul 2, 2012.

1. biollantefan54

biollantefan54 Elite Member

I am wondering if this excerpt from a web site is true. I am looking to get a 2nd tarantula. I am looking to get a golden knee tarantula. I have one Grammastola Rosea (I don't know if I spelled that correctly). I am trying to figure out what they need so if you know what they need please tell me. here is the excerpt:

Excerpt:Mexican Red Knee Tarantula Care Sheet
    The Mexican redknee tarantula will need a five to ten gallon aquarium or terrearium tank with a locking screen top. You should line the bottom of the tank with about two inches of bed-a-beast or eco earth. The tank will also require a shallow water dish and hide area. Lights are not necessary. An under tank heat pad should be supplied. The main diet for the tarantula will be gut-loaded crickets fed a couple times a week. Mealworms or waxworms may also used in the diet.

Is this true?

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Not sure about these guys, they are terrestrial like the chilean rose hair! Usually terrestrial type require less humidity than arboreal types.
    I like using a 12 x 12 x 12 enclosure
    Coco fibre substrate, enough for them to burrow, shallow dish of water, a hide and you can feed just about any feeder insect, but crickets are good since they don't burrow. During cooler months offer a heat source like a low watt bulb or very small UTH in one corner.

Thats all I can think of, hopefully someone who owns one will chime in!

3. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

In my opinion, you'd be better off asking here: arachnoboards.com

I've posted there to discuss my own tarantulas and there are many members there that are incredibly helpful.

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

i'll one up spidafly. a few rosie owners here, but not many arachnid-fanatics, we are more herp-fanatics here.

5. biollantefan54

Ok, thanks!

6. biollantefan54

I tried to register but they still haven't activated it.

7. biollantefan54

Can someone tell me whats up? I tried to register for Arachnoboards and it still hasn't activated.

8. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Odd. Don't worry, it's a very active forum I'm sure they'll get you squared around :)

Oh, and don't let the handful of "prickly" attitudes scare you off, there's some great people there that will help you out a great deal.

9. biollantefan54

Oh, okay, I'll check it again.