This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by ryanetta, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ryanetta

ryanetta New Member

This is my blood red corn snake. I got him when he was a baby, and I've had him for almost seven months. Once he started growing, I've noticed two of these curves in his structure. It feels more like his bones than a muscle deformity. It's always there, but more prominent when he's in certain positions. Can anyone tell me if they have any ideas?

He's in a 20 long aquarium with bark shavings and coconut fiber substrate. He has a lamp as a heating source. He eats f/t mice, has no hesitation, and has never had issues with appetite or feeding.

The first picture displays one of the two curves in his body. The second shows the size he was when I bought him. The curve I do not have a picture of is about two inches higher.

Attached Files:

2. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

I'm not sure if snakes are prone to metabolic bone disease or not but I am a lizard person and know in lizards if they get curves in their bodies due to MBD... And the way to treat and prevent any further and reverse any more damage is to provide adiquite UVB lighting and dust their food with a quality calcium dust.... I hope this helps and wish the best for your snake...

3. CrazySnakeLady

CrazySnakeLady Elite Member

Honestly, I think you need to get a vet about that. I've kept my corn snake for 2 - 3 years without calcium or UVB light with no problems. It shouldn't be an MBD problem. But I have no idea what can be really going on there.