This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Cage Big Enough For A Chinese Water Dragon

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by reptileguy112, Jun 3, 2015.

1. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, an adult male can get to around 3 feet so no, a 55 gallon fishtank is not big enough (other than temporarily for a hatchling/juvenile).

3. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

Only about 10" actualy body the rest is just tail and with the 20g on top it would still be too small? I might have to give it my 2 x 2 x 4 chameleon viv but then I would have to find the chameleon a home. I thought 75 gallons would be enough for a female at at least. I have owned a couple CWDs before

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nope, not big enough. Think the size and shape of a household refrigerator! And the cham cage is definitely too small.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Another issue with the Cham enclosure is if it's screen.
    Chinese Water Dragons require medium to high levels of humdity at all times.

6. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

My chameleon requires high humidity also so I just keep the room humid with ultrasonic foggers. The biggest tank I can have is about 3 x 3 x 4, is that also too small?

7. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

I guess I will either build another viv or just get something else. What would you guys recommend that is semi-arboreal that can be in a 75 gallon?

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m not sure, but is a 75gallon fishtank around 48L x 18W x 21H (inches), and if yes, how can you call that a "semi arborial" environment for any medium sized lizard?
    And once again no, a 3 x 3 x 4 ft enclosure is still not really large enough for an adult CWD (even a female).

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

May I ask which room the Chameleon`s enclosure is in?

10. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

The chameleon is in my room along with the reef aquarium and a lovebird (there is a barrier between the chameleon and bird so chameleon doesn't get stressed). Half of the tank is 3ft tall so I think it is tall enough for a semi arboreal reptile. A beauty snake is semi and that tank would be fine

11. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Maybe Mountain Horned Dragon(s) in the 75, you definitely don't want anything much longer than 12-14" or so. Lizards are pretty "stiff" especially compared to snakes, I'd never keep a lizard in a viv where the width isn't bigger than the lizard's total length. Some might, but IMO it's not a great idea.

12. reptileguy112

reptileguy112 Member

Selling the tank, im getting a indian ringneck parrot :) They are so pretty and talk just about as good as an african grey