This Disappears When Logged In

Is something wrong with my snake's skin?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by replover, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. replover

replover Elite Member

Ok my ball python shed a couple days ago and I just noticed a few white scales on its back. It does NOT seem to be skin that can be removed. It also is NOT filled with liquid as I have read about blister disease. It doesn't look like the pics of scale rot whicH I have searched for on the net, but I may be wrong. Is something wrong with the snake?

Here are 2 pics of the same area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Looks like they could be scars maybe from a bad shed. Was your bp ever fed live rodents,,could be healed bites also.

3. replover

replover Elite Member

That's what they said at redtail boa too, but they are not mice bites, because I feed pre-killed. I fed once live a couple weeks ago but I was present 100% of the time and they were pinkies and no bites. And these marks did not appear until right after the shed a couple days ago.

Since it is right after the shed that they appeared, I would think it is a bad shed. What can I do about that? At first I thought it was a good shed as it seemed to come off smoothly all in one piece but these marks I thought were bits of skin but they seem not to be loose skin just the color is white there.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like it may have been some damage while the new skin was forming. I wouldn't worry about it unless the spots grow larger or spread.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with Merlin, it dosnt seem like you need to worry unless it spreads :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.