This Disappears When Logged In

Is It Just Me? Or Does Everybody Get This?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by CTScrivener, Dec 11, 2009.

1. CTScrivener

CTScrivener Elite Member

Ok, so I have been purchasing and using Exo-Terra coco-fiber bricks and moss bricks for ages now....but, is it just me or does everyone find random tidbits and JUNK in thier bricks?

I mean, like every two or three bricks I'll find some kind of NON-NATURAL piece of junk, ie: Electrical wires, stickers in japanese, streamers, plastic and canvas bags, glass, etc.

I never find HUGE amounts of anything but I mean, is it just my like in finding this stuff or does everyone who uses these products find certain things?

Not bashing the company, I absolutely love Exo-Terra products....just curious if maybe the South-East just gets bad quality shipments.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I do not use either product.
    But were I to find such things I would be burning the phone lines up to Exoterra.

3. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

I use Eco-Earth, by Zoo-Med, and I've never found anything unnatural. I've heard that bed-a-beast is notorious for this and have stayed away. You might want to try Eco-Earth.

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I use Eco-Earth and have never found anything foreign in the stuff. I love the Exo-Terra tanks, but I have never tried this product by them.

5. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I forget what kind of brick i get i think it is zoo med. I have never found anything in it either. I only have gotten 2 however, because i only use it when my iguana is nesting.

6. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I haven't used it. I've used Eco Earth and never had a problem with that. I also sell more of that than the Exo Terra one. Like Merlin said, I would be contacting Hagen (who puts out Exo Terra) ASAP.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm also on the eco-earth scene, and nothing strange in it.

Maybe switch brands?

8. Lizardbreeder

Lizardbreeder Well-Known Member

I too like exo-terra most of my products i use i try to get from exo-terra and as for eco-earth i've never had anything in it (i have had 2 bricks in past 1 unopened right one in bucket