This Disappears When Logged In

Introducing Speedy Gonzáles

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by RunMickeyRun, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunMickeyRun

RunMickeyRun Elite Member

Well my boyfriend rescued another snake today. This time a Tangerine Honduran Milksnake. Excuse the shape of his tank, I got the pictures before we started cleaning the tank.

click for more images
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We welcome any and all suggestions since we have more experience with Ball Pythons & Boas. Speedy is as the name suggests very fast and he's aggressive. (more info about Speedy)

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Huuuunnnh!!! David like!!! That orange color is so captivating! I wonder if I could convince the wife that we need to move to Idaho. I can't believe that there are so many snakes to be rescued out there-I haven't gotten a call in almost 3 months- and that was a caiman that I have since adopted out.

3. bdoink

bdoink Elite Member

Very nice milk... I have to say that I'm jealous.

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Wowser is he ever beautious!

5. Piano Man

Piano Man Elite Member

Wow! that is a beautiful snake.

6. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I agree, a very beautiful snake :)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What, specifically, are you wanting in the way of suggestions?

8. RunMickeyRun

RunMickeyRun Elite Member

David:

Try Craigslist. We get a lot of snakes just responding to ads placed on Craigslist.

Merlin:

What kind of substrate is best? We use Eco-Earth exclusivly for our ball pythons. since Speedy doesn't require the humidity that BP's need, what is best to use?

does he need multiple hides?

Temps? The care sheets we've read say 76 - 80 Does he not need a light? UTH?

That's all I can think of at the moment. More questions later I am sure.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would use aspen. And I just give the one hide. as they can burrow around in the aspen.
    76-80 will do as an ambient temperature but give a basking spot of about 90 degrees
    My smaller colubrids are on undertank heaters. I user human type heating pads. But mine are the kind without the auto shut off feature.
    They do not need special lighting, just a day night cycle. The ambient light in the room will do.

10. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Really beautiful!:) I hope you come right with him and find a happy home soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.