This Disappears When Logged In

Introducing "Crais"

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is our new male Brazilian Rainbow Boa. He's 5 years old: quite long (I'll have to wait till he sheds to say how long: my guess is about 160cm and he weighs 1.84kg.)
    I think he's a beauty: EXTREMELY dark. (Sorry only two pics, but I didn't want to stress him too much on his first night here.) I have him in quarantine to check for mites -- I didn't see any on him but I rubbed him down with some Reptile Relief just in case -- thus the ugly rubber gloves on the first pic.

What do you think? :D
    [​IMG]

Closer up:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

gorgeous i got my two snakes. this morning the corn is stuck in side her hide and the boa is looking around and taged me when putting in a thermoonitor

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Absolutely gorgeous Andrea!
    That closeup really shows off the irridescence!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Darn you Andrea :p...makin me drool again. He is a beauty, I'm jealous.

5. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

WOW! That is a gorgeous snake. Kinda makes me want to look into getting one myself but we'll see.

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

he's awesome looking! beautiful coloring! can't wait to see more pics! :)

7. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Now THAT is a SNAKE!!!!! What a beautiful Boa Andrea!!! Now I'm Jealous!!!!

Steve

8. BlackJack

Thanks everybody! :D :D
    He is a beauty and seems really much more iridescent than Talyn... even in low lighting! He's got really good weight on him and seems very healthy. I'll be sending a stool sample in to check, though.

Aiden: I was expecting to get bit last night; but so far so good. He's not really used to handling. So I'm sure to get tagged before too long.

I got him from a colleague who breeds Peruvian, Argentinian and Brazilian Rainbow Boas as well as BCC, Ratsnakes, Cornsnakes, Kingsnakes and some others that I couldn't identify.

He's a proven breeder... so if Talyn isn't gravid this time around, there's still hope down the road! (I think they'll make a pretty pair)

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What a beauty :D

10. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Congrats on the new addition an I will agree with everyone else, he is a beauty!

11. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Wow - he is stunning - if I wasn't such a wimp towards snakes, I would possibly own one of them :)

12. BlackJack

More pics

Here are a few more taken today. He's kind of shy: mostly staying coiled up in a ball and not moving... but at least he hasn't tried to bite me yet! :D

[​IMG]

Not a really great pic of Crais, but it gives an idea of his size AND it's an OK shot of me.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Look at the beautiful color transition from his head to his neck.

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the nice comments!

13. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Wow he is a beauty, Congrats on the new addition.

14. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Ditto Marsha....wiping up drool now....Lyn

Some day.....

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hey!That could be a new fundraising idea for the site!:D

Be the first one on your block to own the new Official HerpCenter Network Drool Bucket!;)
    Comes complete with matching towel!:p

16. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

You even have my husband drooling over them and asking me to look them up online. He REALLY wants one now but I'm SURE we can wait...as much as I want one.:p

17. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i really love the way his head is dark and then it lightens over his body. pretty cool. love all the pics so far. :)

18. Liquid

Liquid Member

wow this snake looks simply amazing to me.

19. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

wow

havnt been online latly very nice rainbow love the darkish tint to him looking forward for more pictures have fun with him

20. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

great pics!!! hes soooooo beautiful! im gonna be hittin you up one him and your female mate ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.