This Disappears When Logged In

Insect Consumption Rates

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by SirCal, Sep 4, 2016.

1. SirCal

SirCal Member

Hi I was currently trying to find out info on providing feeders insects to zoo,rescues and pet stores. For some market research I was wondering how many feeders does a pet stores ,zoos and reptile breeders consume a week/month? I understand when talking about wholesale where talking about huge numbers but I was looking for an estimate of how huge

-thanks!

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, the easiest way to find out would be to contact those places and ask! ;)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Indeed. The amounts needed will vary widely depending on numbers as well as sizes of animals being fed.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Best bet is as stated above, but I can give you a few numbers based on some of my observations. I personally go through over a thousand crickets a month, this is on top of the roaches I breed. I know I have seen hobby breeders picking up orders from the vendor that were 5k-10k or more. So you'd probably be looking at production in the high tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, if your thinking of being serious about it.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

The numbers I agree will be high. They won't likely buy from you unless you can supply their needs on a constant basis. A steady supply is without any hiccups.

Darkbird likes this.