This Disappears When Logged In

Injured Bull Snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Yamaha, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Yamaha

Yamaha New Member

So yesterday I was out on the road when something caught my eye, it looked like a dead snake in the road. I turned around and when I got out it was alive and coiled up in a striking pose. I saw that it had obvious injuries such as an organ hanging out of his backside and his jaw was crooked. I managed to get aholdon him and put him in my backpack. I took him home and it put him in an extra enclosure I had from a previous king snake. I looked at his injury and it looks like his kidney is hanging out of his rectum. I left him alone for the night and this morning I checked on him. He now is acting very lathargic and is having trouble staying right side up. Right now as I'm typing this he is next to me in the grass of my front yard as I'm giving him some sun. He is sitting still but still alive and he has tried slithering away a couple times, most of which he ends up flipping over. Any help please on what to do? I believe he is a bull snake.

2. KelloggCornsnakes

KelloggCornsnakes Established Member

He needs a vet...

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This does not sound good. It's likely been run over and suffered internal damage as well as what you can see. A vet is the only recourse.

4. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

Sadly this sounds like one of the cases where there isn't much you can do. If he was hit there may be too much internal damage, like Merlin mentioned. I'm not saying there isn't hope, if you're willing and able to take it to a vet please do so, but to me it sounds too injured to save. :(

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It is just not something that home remedies are going to fix.

6. Yamaha

Yamaha New Member

His injuries got the best of him sadly :(