This Disappears When Logged In

Indoor Halogen Flood Light Blew . Only Had It a Month

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by mayhmmaydn, Oct 11, 2013.

1. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

so I bought a halogen for indoor pot lights for basking area. It was awesome heat. but the dang thing blew already! was it because it was in a deep dome and the heat did it in? all my clamp lamps are deep style and I cant keep blowing 8 dollar bulbs like this. the regular bulbs wont get it up to 110 for my babies so I have to go buy another halogen... fingers crossed it wont be a repeat. or ill need to rethink my lighting.

2. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Get an outdoor variant...problem solved.

3. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

I accidentally bought the indoors a few months back, they are going on like 3 or 4 months of use without a problem

4. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

I know Vers.. youre always right on lights... I tried the indoor because it actually fit in my hood. I tried an outside one and it heated my tank up too hot. the WHOLE tank lol. its just a 40g right now. I saw your post about a P38 with a dimmer. That's on the wish list for once I get the babies all rehomed and I have extra income loosened up a bit in my pocket.
    I did buy a strip light with a daylight bulbs in it and it brightens up the tank a lot. the dragons are more active on the cool end because of it now. Love it