This Disappears When Logged In

Indented Scales? Help?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Twixxy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Twixxy

Twixxy Active Member

Well, to think everything went perfectly fine with his shed & I was stress free, yet another issue popped up.
    If you didn't know already, I own a 10 month old Cali King snake male and have had him for 6 months. In the past 6 months, I've never seen him have this issue. On one side, usually where his food tends to sit in his belly, it looks like he has 4 from top to bottom indented cuts. No inner tissue is showing or anything, it's just 4 indented lines that are smaller than an inch long. by those lines, it looks like he has some scales that are not so perfect anymore. As if they're indented too. Now I'm worried. My mother refuses to take him to the vet because to her "he's fine," but to me, I worry if something is seriously wrong.
    He ate 3 days ago and shed 3 days ago as well. Before his shed and eating, he never had this issue. The only thing I changed within the past 2 weeks was change the humidity to 50\60% while he was shedding, add a toilet paper tube for him to hide, and another old hide he use to have. I'm starting to wonder if it's the new hide I gave him awhile ago? It's a tree hide from petsmart and he likes to curl all the way up inside of it to the point where I can't even grab him. It almost looks like he's smooshed in there, but he looks perfectly fine. Are his scales like this because he was wedged up inside there while we was in shedding phase and it just messed with his scales a bit? The next time he sheds, will those scales turn back to normal? Should I keep an eye out to see if it gets worse?
    I'm pretty terrified and taking him to the vet is going to be a 100% no because money is tight right now. And advice?
    Let me know if posting pictures would help.