This Disappears When Logged In

In the Kitchen :)

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by DwarvenChef, Jan 26, 2012.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

We have a local company who makes some real nice knives (Grohmann) Knives, love their top of the line chef's knife 8" and paring knife. I also like the 5 star Henckel, work was always cheap and would supply lower end Henckel's and Victorinox.

2. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

I use vicorinox paring and tomato knives they feel comfortable and cut well

3. mld

They did the job for me too, for the 20 years working in the industry.

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

At work I use a CCK cleaver and a 13" scimitar from Forschner. All my veg work gets done on the cleaver and meats on the scimitar. My last job I was in a better kitchen when I could bring my nice knives but where I am now I have to keep the good stuff at home. These guys are not knife friendly at all, they don't like my big knives so they are safe :)

I would love to have my 300mm sujihiki and gyuto at work but alas they would get messed up and sprout leggs...

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

DSC00760.jpg
    My babies, all these are carbon steel and mostly custom made for me.

Allthestainlessknives.jpg
    These are for the rest of the family to use, the red and green handles are a custom set made for my wife daughter and me :) Mines the longer one :p

I have 4 blocks, 2 drawers and 3 travel kits full of knives... yes I have a problem :p

PS; we will not talk about my other problem...

DSC00441.jpg
    I have 3 of these book shelves... all cookbooks... sigh...

Attached Files:

6. mld

I always hated when co-workers would screw up the knives when using them wrong. I always kept my own paring knife on my belt but the others where locked away along with other gadgets I had. Know one messes with my knife, lol

7. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Yes fiberglass, im a mechanical insulator. 7 inch filet work great to cut the stuff.

8. mld

9. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Attached Files:

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I buy my knives from Ikea...and I only have two. I should invest in some nice knives but I am cheap.

11. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I figure if I'm going to have them the rest of my life I may as well put more into them. Than I got addicted to the quality of manufacture and it just goes down hill from there... Now I don't even look at knives under $300 and handmade is a must... Slows me down when I think I need another knife lol Now if I can just say no to the new custom makers that send knives for testing... gets me into trouble every time :p

Takeda has my video on his website :p