This Disappears When Logged In

In the Kitchen :)

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by DwarvenChef, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Pics of what I love to do at home, cook :) Nowdays I'm a butcher at a chain healthfood grocery store and don't cook for a job as much. So I have to bring stuff home and cook it up there :p

IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg

Attached Files:

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Free samples for herp center members?

3. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I second Austin! All in favor say "I"!

4. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

I,I,I,I

5. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

Eye! .. wait how is my message too short! EYE!!!!

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

So I should drop in a few more pics huh? :p

Sounds like an excuse to start a west coast gathering :p

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

IMG_0551.jpg
    DSCN3219.jpg
    DSCN3220.jpg

Making a pulled beef/BBQ beef sandwich for my daughters trip to LA tomorow, braised the chuck (3lbs) and now reducing the liquid and adding sweet chile sauce... the other sauce is for the cook... Hic...

Attached Files:

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

delivery service???

9. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I I I I

Dude!!!! That Food looks amazing!!!! Looks like you are a master of your craft

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Looks good!! My husband is a chef, the main dish he makes at home is usualy Macaroni and cheese out of a box... LOL

11. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

man you have good beer.

12. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I like good beer :) When I worked at Nordstrom we made everything we could from scratch that day. I really enjoyed that kind of fredom in the kitchen. Sure we had a few items that where not made by us but they where dropped off fresh each day :) I got used to cooking that way and really enjoy the outcome.

13. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

IMG_0003.jpg

Playing with my camera, only got a pic of some sage hanging in the kitchen.

Attached Files:

14. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

DSCN3227.jpg
    DSCN3230.jpg
    DSCN3229.jpg

Knocked out a bunch of mini meatloafs for dinner and lunches, I was almost not fast enough to get an after cooking pic before the hoardes dove in to gobble them up...

Attached Files:

15. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

My daughter takes photos of everything she makes before she eats it also. I made pulled pork, so yummy!

16. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

001.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg

A couple more pics of me playing around. The top pic was a special day, that a 5lb block of sushi grade tuna and I'm cutting it with a $2,000 yanagi custom made by a friend at this party. Was a great day :)

Bottom pic was just me cleaning out the fridge...

Attached Files:

17. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

[video=youtube;EbYrTZ7k_lA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbYrTZ7k_lA&list=UUAZRGsUI77NFWRMVGa1 xLBA&index=10&feature=plcp[/video]

Just incase you where interested :p I can watch prep work or knife work all day, as much as I can watch lizards run around in the wild :) Drives my wife and daughter nuts :p

Also check my sig if you want to see more sharp stuff :p

18. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Love to see some pics :) post em here if you like :)

19. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I prefer to dice using the heel of my chef knife, just how I was trained.

Next time she cooks, I'll take some photos!

20. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I was trained with typical western knives by about 10 chef's through out my schooling, each chef had their own way of doing things and I tried them all out. Once I got into Japanese knives I had to relearn how to use that knife lol. Now I have a hard time using western knives because they always feel dull and wedgy...

Just goes to show that there is no one way to cook, baking on the other hand... very ridged in how things must be done, chemestry only works if followed the right way :p I'm told I'd make a good baker but I have NO passion for it.